View Poll Results: Is a screen protector necessary?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

75 64.66%
  • No

41 35.34%
    I have heard a few people say that it is not needed because the screen is glass & they r not likely to scuff it.

Does anyone have a scuffed screen? Anyone have a year old unprotected iphone with no scuffs?
    01-29-2009 07:36 AM
    although I did manage to scratch my original iphone screen, i dont use one.
    01-29-2009 08:56 AM
    No - but I probably baby my devices way more than the average person.
    01-29-2009 09:04 AM
    No - but I probably baby my devices way more than the average person.
    I'm like Bad Ash.
    01-29-2009 09:44 AM
    I have one on there...and only because when I bought the phone the AT&T person said they would do it. I can never get them totally flat. If she didn't offer to do it for me, there's no way I would have one on.
    01-29-2009 10:25 AM
    I do.

I'm very careful/anal about putting it on and I only use the best ones.

Therefore once I've got one installed you can hardly tell it's even there.
    01-29-2009 11:59 AM
    Were split about 50/50 so far. I have seen a few similar polls on Treo|Central and they also come up 1:1

Similar polls that I have seen on BB forums show two-thirds in favor of screen protectors. I think BBs have cheap screens. My used curve was scuffed a bit on the screen.
    01-29-2009 12:45 PM
    Were split about 50/50 so far. I have seen a few similar polls on Treo|Central and they also come up 1:1

Similar polls that I have seen on BB forums show two-thirds in favor of screen protectors. I think BBs have cheap screens. My used curve was scuffed a bit on the screen.
    Yeah, I think the iPhone is one of the rare phones that has the glass, scratch proof (supposedly) screens. Most other devices, Blackberry included, have plastic which seems to scratch much easier.

I really am not too worried about getting a scratch but I keep a screen protector on anyway. Mostly for resale purposes. I can get more money for my device on Ebay, or wherever, if it's scratch free, when it's time to upgrade.
    01-29-2009 12:47 PM
    Yeah, I think the iPhone is one of the rare phones that has the glass, scratch proof (supposedly) screens. Most other devices, Blackberry included, have plastic which seems to scratch much easier.

I really am not too worried about getting a scratch but I keep a screen protector on anyway. Mostly for resale purposes. I can get more money for my device on Ebay, or wherever, if it's scratch free, when it's time to upgrade.
    How much does a used 3G usually go for on Ebay?
    01-29-2009 12:50 PM
    How much does a used 3G usually go for on Ebay?
    I looked briefly and see them going between $350 - $500.
    01-29-2009 12:55 PM
    I don't use screen protector. I like only leather cases.
    02-02-2009 05:00 AM
    The glass is pretty tough... Maybe not against diamond rings or whatever, but like I have that kind of bling... LOL
    02-06-2009 04:46 PM
    I just removed mine. So far I like it better without the protector.
    02-06-2009 05:29 PM
    I just removed mine. So far I like it better without the protector.
    When you first use a protector you think ok, this is not bad... but then after you spend time and take it off it's like it's brand new shiny toy. So much better without one.
    02-06-2009 06:03 PM
    When you first use a protector you think ok, this is not bad... but then after you spend time and take it off it's like it's brand new shiny toy. So much better without one.
    Totally agree!
    02-06-2009 06:15 PM
    Mine came off as of today, kinda like it off.
    02-06-2009 07:41 PM
    Oooh....I'm too chicken ta do dat! Maybe just before I buy the next generation Iphone.
    02-06-2009 07:50 PM

yeah. I've done this with my old phones. Just so I don't lose the value and I can resell it in a much higher price. Most of the time, this is what buyers look at - the screen.
    06-18-2009 02:26 AM
    I put mine on the day I got it. It came with my incipio skin. I don't see myself ever not having a screen protector on :| not worth it
    06-18-2009 05:25 PM
    I don't see why one would use a screen protector for the 3GS, now that they added that oleophobic coating... I would think a screen protector would make it redundant, no?
    06-18-2009 11:13 PM
    I sure do! I use a privacy filter screen protector cause I have nosey *** co-workers!
    06-18-2009 11:15 PM
    I don't see why one would use a screen protector for the 3GS, now that they added that oleophobic coating... I would think a screen protector would make it redundant, no?
    As mentioned above, I use a privacy filter protector. Not because I am concerned with smudges but because it is nice to have privacy. PLUS it protects it from ethes and marks...
    06-18-2009 11:17 PM
    I have a 1st gen phone I started off with a screen protector. but one day I just took it off and loved the smooth shiney glass soooooo much that i left it off! the glass still looks great! and I am a welder by trade so this phone goes with me into the weld shop on an almost daily basis!
    06-18-2009 11:53 PM
    I have a mirrored screen protector because I love the way it looks, and am fanatical about screen scratches. The only downside is I'm constantly wiping it down to remove finger prints, which are way more easily seen.
    06-19-2009 09:54 PM
    Yes I agree also when I first got my iPhone I used one for a while but then the bubbles under it would get on my nerves and remove and put another.
    06-19-2009 11:21 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD