Is a screen protector necessary?

• Yes

Votes: 75 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 41 35.3%

• Total voters

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I have heard a few people say that it is not needed because the screen is glass & they r not likely to scuff it.

Does anyone have a scuffed screen? Anyone have a year old unprotected iphone with no scuffs?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I have one on there...and only because when I bought the phone the AT&T person said they would do it. I can never get them totally flat. If she didn't offer to do it for me, there's no way I would have one on.

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
I do.

I'm very careful/anal about putting it on and I only use the best ones.

Therefore once I've got one installed you can hardly tell it's even there.

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Were split about 50/50 so far. I have seen a few similar polls on Treo|Central and they also come up 1:1

Similar polls that I have seen on BB forums show two-thirds in favor of screen protectors. I think BBs have cheap screens. My used curve was scuffed a bit on the screen.

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
Were split about 50/50 so far. I have seen a few similar polls on Treo|Central and they also come up 1:1

Similar polls that I have seen on BB forums show two-thirds in favor of screen protectors. I think BBs have cheap screens. My used curve was scuffed a bit on the screen.

Yeah, I think the iPhone is one of the rare phones that has the glass, scratch proof (supposedly) screens. Most other devices, Blackberry included, have plastic which seems to scratch much easier.

I really am not too worried about getting a scratch but I keep a screen protector on anyway. Mostly for resale purposes. I can get more money for my device on Ebay, or wherever, if it's scratch free, when it's time to upgrade.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I think the iPhone is one of the rare phones that has the glass, scratch proof (supposedly) screens. Most other devices, Blackberry included, have plastic which seems to scratch much easier.

I really am not too worried about getting a scratch but I keep a screen protector on anyway. Mostly for resale purposes. I can get more money for my device on Ebay, or wherever, if it's scratch free, when it's time to upgrade.

How much does a used 3G usually go for on Ebay?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I just removed mine. So far I like it better without the protector.

When you first use a protector you think ok, this is not bad... but then after you spend time and take it off it's like it's brand new shiny toy. So much better without one. :D

paul_form

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Just for the sake of..

yeah. I've done this with my old phones. Just so I don't lose the value and I can resell it in a much higher price. Most of the time, this is what buyers look at - the screen.

missdee

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I put mine on the day I got it. It came with my incipio skin. I don't see myself ever not having a screen protector on :| not worth it

eratanun

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't see why one would use a screen protector for the 3GS, now that they added that oleophobic coating... I would think a screen protector would make it redundant, no?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner