View Poll Results: Is a screen protector necessary?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

75 64.66%
  • No

41 35.34%
    I love the new 3GS screen with the coating and it works well but I feel like the smoother feel of the Power Support Anti-Glare a tad bit better I think.
    06-20-2009 06:01 PM
    Just sold my 8GB 3G for $300 last night. All my phones always have a screen protector on. My new 3GS spent 10 seconds without a screen protector.
    06-21-2009 02:05 PM
    Wow! I sold mine for $320. This is why using screen protectors are so important.
    07-15-2009 02:04 PM
    i used to be anal about this but i switch my iPhone out when I go out at night so it is safe all the time..never any scratches on the 3GS or my old 3G
    07-15-2009 05:40 PM
    I had an InvisibleShield on my iPhone 2G. With my 3GS I bought an Incipio case and I applied one of the included screen protectors. After a day I took it off because I loved the screen so much more without the screen protector on. The screen feels so much better and there are a LOT fewer smudges and fingerprints.
    07-15-2009 08:03 PM
    This is the first real nice phone I've had so i bought a screen protector even before i bought the 3GS just so I had it when the phone came out. After about 4 days I took it off because I couldn't stand all the bubbles that were forming under it due to the case I put on it (it is an Inspiretech slider case...when I slid it on, bubbles would form along the sides). I now have an InvisibleShield front cover on it and I like it a lot.
    07-16-2009 03:59 PM
    I have the invisible shield as well. I bought the full body version but I might have to take the back off at some point because it's hard to get some cases on with the shield. But I'll definitely leave the front shield on. Much better than the cheaper protectors, no bubbles at all.
    07-16-2009 04:19 PM
    Hi everyone-

I'm looking for the perfect screen protector. The one I'm currently using gives a rainbow, grainy effect, and it bubbles with my case. What I want is one that's clear, and fingerprint-proof. Any suggestions?? Help!
    07-17-2009 01:41 AM
    I am very OC about my gadgets so I use a screen protector...and a thin case.
    07-19-2009 09:37 AM
    I always have a Power Support Anti-Glare on.. I don't like risking getting a scratch on the screen.. happened to my Bold and suddenly I lost interest in the phone - lol
    07-20-2009 03:51 PM
    I have a clear static protector on my screen, I've always had screen protectors on all my phones because I hate smudges and oil residue from my face getting on the screens. I prefer when I can just wipe it off the protector and even if it's still a bit hazy I know it's not the original screen being affected. I also had a plastic screen cover with the case I have for my 1st gen Iphone and that thing is awesome I have so many spider cracks on the cover from times I've pressed against the corner of a desk with the phone in my pocket. I haven't gotten a proper case for the 3G yet but it's coming.
    07-21-2009 04:44 PM
    I have Zagg's Invisible Shield on mine. IMHO you're better off getting the Invisible Shield than settling for some 3.99 screen protector that's gonna bubble up and come off in a week. You're also not going to find any screen protector that's finger print and smudge proof.

Like a couple of others, I have it on mine more for resale value than anything. People like hearing that you kept a screen protector on your phone.
    07-21-2009 09:13 PM
    Hi everyone-

I'm looking for the perfect screen protector. The one I'm currently using gives a rainbow, grainy effect, and it bubbles with my case. What I want is one that's clear, and fingerprint-proof. Any suggestions?? Help!
    I don't use one myself (why would Apple go to the trouble if making a oil-resistant screen coating and then have everyone cover it up?) but if I did use one I would go with the Power Supply Crystal - it supposedly is more clear than the Anti-glare one.
    07-22-2009 10:51 AM
    USe the crystal scren protectors and am SUPER anal about my iphone. best 14$ to spend. also have the PF case. LOVe it!
    07-22-2009 01:34 PM
    I have the anti-glare screen protector. I don't think I could ever have an iPhone without it.
    07-22-2009 06:00 PM
    I have the Invisible Shield, front only. It's been great so far, though there is a single imperfection on it. Thinking about sending Zagg an email about it to see what I can do.
    07-22-2009 06:22 PM
    I have the Invisible Shield, front only. It's been great so far, though there is a single imperfection on it. Thinking about sending Zagg an email about it to see what I can do.
    There are many imperfections with Zagg. Had to get my wifes redone twice at the Kiosk due to annoying lines going thru it.
    07-22-2009 07:07 PM
    I think the reference is to the ones sold by Apple: Power Support Crystal Film Set for iPhone 3G - Apple Store (U.S.)
    08-06-2009 06:44 PM
    I just put on the screen protector that came with my FX Solo case, and let me say they include a pretty nice screen protector. It is REALLY thin! To apply it you peel off the back part, and then you peel off a front part and a really thin screen protector is left behind with no bubbles.

I like the protector so much I'm trying to find where I can buy them on their own.
    08-08-2009 01:20 PM
    BoxWave Crystal Clear protects my 3G S.
    08-08-2009 10:53 PM
    I just got an iphone and an otterbox case to protect it. I love the case (and the phone) but I hate the weird bubbles that show up under the screen protector. This isn't a sticky protector, it is a part of the case. I am sure I am not the only one that this has happened to, so I figured I'd ask here.
    Thank you!
    08-11-2009 05:31 AM
    yeah , i vote "yes".
    08-11-2009 10:10 PM
    power support crystal here...will never use anything else but power support...NO bubbles.
    08-12-2009 10:33 PM
    owned all three generations of iphones....never used a screen protector....never had a scratch
    08-13-2009 10:25 AM
    I use the Power support crystal. Just as clear as no screen protector. Absolutely love it.
    08-13-2009 06:42 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD