I have a screen protector on my iPhone 3G and it has a lot of dust under it. I bought a new case and it comes with screen protectors and I was thinking that I would replace my current one with a new one and am wondering what is the best way to prevent dust ending up under the protector?
    01-28-2009 10:15 PM
    Whenever I install a skin, I make sure the phone is completely clean. Then I install it being sure to get all the bubbles out. I don't touch the phone for 12 hours. Also, don't put it in your pocket for 24 hours.
    01-28-2009 11:40 PM
    Here's what I do.

1. Clean the screen with a Windex Wipe.
    2. Dry it using a dust free cloth.
    3. Use a can of compressed air to remove any and all dust particles still on the screen.
    4. Peal back the protector 1/4 of the way and place it onto the screen.
    5. Using a credit card pull it along the screen protector to remove the remaining backing.
    01-29-2009 12:01 PM
    Here's what I do.
    3. Use a can of compressed air to remove any and all dust particles still on the screen.
    This is a great idea. I decided to replace my Invisible shield last night since it had a tear from my first poor job of application. I used windex and a smooth cloth, wiped the heck out of it because I had been seeing a dark speck on the screen with the first shield. WISH I had thought of compressed air. I even have some. But all went well. I think the trick is to really wet your hands and fingers with their liquid spray. AND I really sprayed the new skin thoroughly. It went on much easier this time and with hardly any bubbling.
    01-31-2009 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD