Incase Power Slider

billdozer

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone purchased or planning on purchasing the Incase Power Slider Case? Just trying to get an idea of the feel/size it adds, as well as how much extra battery you really get. If you have not seen it, its available at goincase.com.

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I ordered it on the 28th. When I receive it I will let you know how it feels and works. I hope it lives up as advertised. It would be nice not to be looking for a charger every 5 hrs or so.

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
I've had mine since Saturday.

I'm not gonna lie, it's bulky. It increases the back of the phone but two - at least. The front is slim.

The feel is rubbery, tacky. If you ever held a Treo 750, it's exactly the same.

I haven't used the entire battery up yet. When it's docked the iPhone uses the case battery first and then once it's depleted moves onto the iPhone's battery.

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I received mine a couple of days ago and it works as advertised. I personally like the way it feels in my hand. I wish that they would make a belt holster for it because it is a little bulky in your pants pocket. I don't k ow if I will kep it on all the time or not but it has a good quality feel to it. It is a nice feeling to be able to use google maps and 3g when I am away from a charger without wandering if I will have power in an hour.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
It is a nice feeling to be able to use google maps and 3g when I am away from a charger without wandering if I will have power in an hour.

Yeah, thats how I feel since I got my mophie. Last time I was in NYC I had the screen brightness as low possible, stayed on edge unless looking at the GPS, decided to stop listening to the iPod after an hour. Having double the juice will make the phone a lot more useful when wandering around big cities on foot.

hooplvr

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Mophie vs Incase Power Slider

First time poster here so forgive me if this has already been addressed elsewhere in the forum. I was wondering if anyone can recommend/make comparison between the incase power slider and the mophie juice pack. I'm looking into purchasing something that will extended my battery life at least through a full day. The mophie and the incase power slider seem to b fairly similiar in regards to function, I just wanted to know if there were any advantages of one over the other.

Thanks!

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
I went ahead and bit the bullet the other day and picked up the power Slider while I was in Seattle. I've got to say that I absolutely love it. If I start the morning with a complete charge on both the slider and the iPhone I won't discharge the slider all the way until late afternoon. And that's with both Wifi and Bluetooth always on. The thickness is about twice that of the iPhone by itself, but there's some real heft to it now which makes it very comfortable to hold.

I have only 2 gripes.

1.) The "Special USB 2.2 Cable".

I emailed InCase to ask if a "normal" usb cable could be used for sync and charge. What I got back was an artful dodge saying that the "Special usb 2.2 cable" was the only one that the could guarantee to work and that there should be a link to buy more on the site in the coming weeks. They never actually answered my question.

2.) Carrying.

With the slider being as bulky as it is I'm reduced to carrying my iPhone in my pocket which I'm not a big fan of. I would prefer I horizontal belt case/pouch. We can't have everything though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2