I bought the Otter Box Defender case for my iPhone 3G and discovered that I was unable to sync using a non-Apple cable with the Otter Box on. So, I decided to remove the case and found it nearly impossible. I ended up having to pry it off and damaged the back cover of the iPhone in the process
    10-10-2008 11:46 AM
    I have an oyterbox and mine works fine, of course I use the apple cable. I also have no problem getting my case off. Sounds like you got frustrated. I don't agree with your title saying not to buy it. Just use it correctly.
    04-20-2009 01:52 AM
    I bought the Otter Box Defender case for my iPhone 3G and discovered that I was unable to sync using a non-Apple cable with the Otter Box on. So, I decided to remove the case and found it nearly impossible. I ended up having to pry it off and damaged the back cover of the iPhone in the process
    I do not own an otterbox for iphone. Also, I have never even looked at one in person. With that said, I have read a few reviews and read a bunch of users comments. Everything I read was very positive. Nobody mentioned a thing relating to your complaints.
    Last edited by Dooks88; 04-20-2009 at 02:25 PM.
    04-20-2009 09:41 AM
    Another positive vote for OtterBox.

Sorry you had bad issues with it but I own two of their Defender Series cases for my 3G and they're both fabulous.

I'm not understanding your initial problem.

You were unable to sync using a "non-Apple cable."

What cable were you trying to use?
    04-20-2009 01:49 PM
    I have the Otterbox and think it's the best case out there. Your right only certain cables fit. Griffin and Apple for sure. Some are too thick.At least you know those cables won't fry you Phone.I also had a little scratch on the screen
    and customer service replaced it right away without any problems.
    You cant go wrong
    Last edited by omnitek; 04-22-2009 at 08:36 PM.
    04-22-2009 08:33 PM
    I agree with every one here but the OP. I have the otterbox also for my 3G and have no problems syncing my phone or charging it. It is also not hard to take the phone out if I need to.

Who here is still using there otterbox?
    04-22-2009 11:40 PM
    I use mine whenever I'm working.
    04-23-2009 06:43 AM
    I really want to get one of these. Thanks for all the responses, the title concerned me when I first saw it.
    05-08-2009 07:25 PM
    I'm not a fan of Otterbox because I don't need the bulk of protection. But for someone who does I think it would be an ideal case.
    05-13-2009 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD