Just immediately after the iPhone was selling in Italian stores I got one. I thought I'd better get a screen protector and so I did.

Now after a couple of months, there are bubbles in the screen protector. I assume that dirt got under it in a way or two. I stupidly re-applied it and now it is dirty - tried to wash the screen protector but when I re-apply it the bubbles don't go away no matter what I do.

There are two layers of the screen protector. The first one is still there, clean and perfect. The second one as I said is dirty. Would it be okay If I just keep using the iPhone with one screen protector layer? Just until I get a new one.

Or is there anyone to properly clean the second layer and re-applied it?
    09-25-2008 10:02 PM
    Are you sure that "second layer" is not just the thin plastic that is meant to peeled off after applying the protector anyhow? The one I use from Griffin has that thin layer on both sides (it helps keep the protector clean while applying). You peel one side, slap it on the phone, press out the bubbles, then peel the other side.
    09-26-2008 11:05 AM
    Yes It is used after you apply the first layer. The second layer is thinner and it has a glue side.

Would it be okay just to leave it with one layer?
    09-26-2008 11:26 AM
    Apparently the screen is made of glass and is practically impossible to scratch anyhow (there are You Tube videos showing its toughness)! I'm also fairly certain that most protectors are only one layer. I wouldn't be too concerned.
    09-26-2008 12:25 PM
    It is good that I don't have to worry about the screen to get scratched. I also have a good solid case for the iPhone so I think I should not worry that much.

Thanks a lot
    09-26-2008 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD