What's the best way to mount an iPhone in your car? I've seen the suction for the windshield & also some that have adhesive. Ideas please.
    09-19-2008 11:32 AM
    I'd have to make sure the suction was industrial strength before I trusted hanging my iPhone from it. Same with the adhesive. I think the sure fire way is the ones that actually screw into your car, but that's a commitment. I'm sure one of these will do:

Arkon Apple iPhone Mount
    New 3g iPhone Deluxe Dashboard Mount : (5 Star Rating) Google Checkout available.
    iPhone 3G Auto Mounts: ExtremePDA

Griffin also makes one, I'm not sure of the quality.
    Griffin Technology: WindowSeat
    09-19-2008 01:06 PM
    I've also been looking for a car mount that:

charges the phone
    hold the phone in place (adjustably)
    has a line out
    looks good

I thought that was a pretty simple request, but so far I've had no luck. The closest was an old review for an ipod mount from tentechnologies but they have gone out of business. It was just a car power plug with a line out on the back of the plug, then a goosneck to hold the ipod in position. It was a nice clean design.
    09-19-2008 01:08 PM
    I highly recommend and use ProClip Car mounts. I just ordered Item No. 875214.

Item No. 915246 - Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel and Pass-Through Connector
    Item No. 875214 - Adjustable Holder with Tilt Swivel

.proclip.com
    Last edited by robdam1001; 09-19-2008 at 04:57 PM.
    09-19-2008 04:26 PM
    I've also been looking for a car mount that:

charges the phone
    hold the phone in place (adjustably)
    has a line out
    looks good
    So have I. Im thinking I may buy one of those suction or weighted mounts as well as a charging/fm dongle (or what ever you call it) and then if I have to, mod the mount so that I can attach the charger when I want to.
    09-19-2008 05:24 PM
    RAM Mounts... hands down the baddest industrial strength mounts available. I used to have a huge 4Runner and would wheel the hell out of it. My old GPS mounts would fall off the windshield when I wheeled... but after buying a RAM Mount, never happened again.

RAM Vehicle Mounts for the Apple iPhone 3G
    09-22-2008 06:01 PM
    Proclip makes the best product on the market. I've used them for Palms and GPS's. My iPhone mount is on order already. (disclaimer- I am a reseller, but I'd urge anyone to look closely at this product. The manufacturer is simply brilliant. Private message me for discount pricing.
    11-13-2008 07:54 AM
    Bergman

Can you email me or PM me?

I'm trying to find out if one of the ProClip units has a built-in 1/8" audio out which they build into the connector. It seems like this unit might do that.

I can't post a link yet but it is the Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel for Cable Attachment.

The line out can then be utilized instead of connecting a cable to the inferior, and poorly placed "topdside" 1/8" jack.
    02-02-2009 11:47 PM
    I made my own iPhone mount after buying a suction cup one that fell off in winter, here is a kind of tongue in cheek As Seen On TV video I made to demonstrate it. BTW all I have is the one prototype so I am not selling anything

Not allowed to post a youtube link but if ur interested just google mikedhr iphone mount
    06-13-2011 07:28 AM
    This is a nice mount even mounts on walls.

http://www.exogear.com/products-exom...nt-holder.html
    06-22-2011 02:37 PM
    What's the best way to mount an iPhone in your car?
    As always, best doesn't really mean much without qualification as it is such a highly subjective word.

I also like ProClip's device mounts. I am, however, not a fan of their vehicle mounts. The latter are plastic and quite often rely on adhesives. I do like Panavise's brackets as they are metal and securely bolt down to the vehicle and can be used with ProClip's device mounts. Unless you buy a new car you can continue to use an existing vehicle mount.

I have one of ProClip's adjustable (for use with a case) swivel mounts with a pass through dock connector (for the iPhone/iPod interfaces in my cars) and would highly rcommend them.

Of course, if one of your requirements is "dirt cheap" then you probably won't consider ProClip as the best option.
    06-27-2011 04:22 PM
    After looking extensively everywhere I can safely suggest Arkon iPhone mount.
    06-27-2011 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD