Does anyone have an invisible shield on their iPhone?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
When I was waiting in line for the iPhone 3G these guys from Invisible Shield were passing out donuts and telling us about their product the Invisible Shield. They were pretty convincing (especially with those donuts ;)) but I couldn't believe that it protected it.

Does anyone have one on their iPhone? How is it?

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I have it only on the back of my phone because, from what I have read, it has a dimpled surface that makes the glass screen look less smooth and images less crisp. On the front I have a screen protector.
Here are my loves and hates of the Shield:

Dislikes:

It is not on 100% correctly... but honestly, it was the best I could do. Part of the Shield is on buttons it shouldn't be and is slightly blocking the headset jack (which I am going to have to take a razor blade to trim... but I fear taking a razor blade to my precious phone).

The 3G Shield (at least the version I have) does not cover the chrome. It does partially in some areas but those are the areas that are over stretched (and cover parts of the buttons).

The corners are not perfect, they don't lay completely flat... again I found it difficult to make it perfect.

It does its job. There is no way the back of my phone is going to be scratched. (Think thick plastic saran wrap but much much more "hearty.")

After letting it "dry" and adhere overnight (follow the instructions and do it at night so you won't be touching the phone for several hours) it looked 100% better than it did the night before. Much tighter and sleeker.

Here is the set up I have: Marware Silicone Sport Grip (comes with a screen protector) and a "back only" of the Invisible Shield. Why? Because, with most cases, but particularly silicone/rubber cases dirt/debris gets in and is rubbed all around the inside of the case since it is trapped there. The skin prevents these scratches. The silicone case helps when I accidentally drop the phone. The screen protector keeps the glass underneath clean and shiny.

The only things not protected: The camera lens... and the chrome (which is protected by the silicone but not by any shield or screen protector). Oh well. I have my fingers crossed for the best. I feel like if I get any more protective over this phone it will be wrapped in bubble wrap. I am sure I will get better when the phone gets older... right?

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I have it on my iPhone, iPod Nano, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP & digital camera. It works really well. I highly recommend it to anyone, but it is a little difficult for the first timer. I like it better than the cases cuz it doesn't add any bulk and when it does have a scratch on the shield, it'll heal itself. Scatch or dent one day and next day it's gone. Also, I only put it on the back, the screen is suppose to be scratch resistant so I didn't bother putting it on the front.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
I don't have the Invisible shield, but I am using the NLU BodyGuardz on the front and the back. And while it won't protect it from dropping it, it definately protects from scratching and it looks wonderful.

Like the above poster it was a little difficult to get the back on just right. Mine, too, covered some of the buttons and slipped up past the front edge of the phone, so I had to take a very sharp razor blade to it.....now it is perfect.

The Bodyguardz, if installed correctly, cover just about every part of the phone, with a few very small gaps on the corners. (It does wrap around the chrome edges)

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Like hotrod I too have a Bodyguardz on my 3G. It was a pain to put on. But well worth the pain. I notice no problems with viewing the screen. I use it for scratch protection with a case from Marware for falling protection. I would highly recommend getting some type of shield.

kanlizon

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
Any Skin for iPhone 3G ?

Hi,

Does anyone knows the best skin for my iphone? I want something has a thinner film, and does not effect sensitivity of touch screen, and nice cut-out, so all buttons are safe.

Please assist, thanks in advance.

MPKU

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
I had Invisible Shield on the front and back of my 3g. I was not happy with the back of the shield, it felt awkward and the corners of the folds would spike up and peel, so I removed it. The front (screen protector) does not interfere with the screen quality at all.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I have Invisible shield on the screen only. I have a protective case for the rest. It
is a bit annoying to apply and actually took a couple of days for the bubbles to smooth out. It does not interfere with ease of use of the touch screen and seems more smudge resistant.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox