Screen Protectors

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Anybody know if the Power Support Crystal Film is something sold in Apple stores? I'd rather just pick one up when I get my phone rather than having to pay shipping.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Anybody know if the Power Support Crystal Film is something sold in Apple stores? I'd rather just pick one up when I get my phone rather than having to pay shipping.

Those screen protectors are sold in the Apple stores. Both crystal clear and anti glare.

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Bad Ash, you are a font of knowledge! Thanks. I think I'll swing by the Apple store this week, pre-iphone mania, and pick one up.

bomba

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
screen protectors are a night mare! all the ones i have tried suck so i have just given up! if anyone knows of one that doesn't suck so much i would really appreciate it!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
screen protectors are a night mare! all the ones i have tried suck so i have just given up! if anyone knows of one that doesn't suck so much i would really appreciate it!

The ones posted above. ^^^

Honestly they probably don't "suck". It's just how and where you put them on. :rolleyes:

Best place to apply them is in the bathroom. Run the shower really hot for a few minutes and let it steam up. The humidity will get rid of the dust that may be in the air. Sounds goofy yes but it does work.

bomba

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
thanks

thank you so much! i will give them a try

and thanks for the idea, it makes sense no matter how weird it sounds! :D

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Just an FYI, I stopped by my Apple store today and picked up a Power Support Anti-Glare film and the guy offered to put it on my phone for me. I told him unless he was hiding a 3G in the back, then that wouldn't work. They might be too busy to do this for customers this weekend, but in the future, if you're unsure about applying it, it sounds like some of the folks will do it in the store if you buy it there.

kanlizon

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
I personally have no experience with the screen protector from apple store. However, FYI, I got SGP shield last week. I really like it so much. The SGP Shield comes with 3 parts, front, back and the corners. It gives you full protection for your iphone, not only the screen.

SGPStore

RuthWhise

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Or anyone can get them online here:

Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone
Power Support Crystal Film - iPhone
Or you can get a 3 pack at the store here:
Store for iPhone Accessories

It is good. But apple store may expensive? any third party product?

BRiphone

Sep 22, 2008
Visit site
I just purchased an iPhone the other day, however; I have a friend who has had 1G iphone. He gave me some info on a screen protector, needless to say I was very impressed with it and picked one up the other day along with some other goodies!

ZAGG invisible shield - works superbly - purchased at Best buy!

Yeraze

Oct 15, 2008
www.yeraze.com
AS a fellow Zagg Invisible shield user, I highly recommend it.

I only use the front, however. The Back part is difficult to install (mainly because of the corners).

jr3153

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Screen Protector?

I am using a Speck Toughskin for my Iphone. I have been having he'll finding a screen protector that goes on right. No matter how hard I try, I have yet get one on that does not leave a bubble on. My screen.

I guess I have 2 questions. 1 is do I really need a screen protector? I know there is always risks, but I am real careful with my phone. It sits in a shirt pocket during the day, otherwise it lays on a desk. I also previously had a Palm Treo 750 for two years that I never used a screen protector on, and this iPhones screen is much better! How are others holding up bare?

2 would be if I do need a screen protector which one do you guys reccomend?

I appreciate any help you guts can give. I have had this iPhone for a month now and love it!

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I think as long as your iPhone is in your shirt pocket or sitting on a desk there is no need for a screen protector. The glass is pretty resistant to scratches. I don't use a a protector, but I also use a slide-in case. I know people who don't use a case or screen protector carry their iPhone in their pocket and the glass still looks great. I've also seen videos on YouTube where people shake up their iPhone in a bag full of keys, coins, and other "scary" items and the glass still looks great. Granted... this is YouTube so take it for what it's worth.

All that to say that I don't think you need a screen protector...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative