iPhone 3G/3GS Cases

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
This is to the ppl that use the Invisible Shield on their iPhone, do you put on the front & the back or just the back only? I ordered the full shield, but I still debating if I want to put on the full shield or just the back. I figured that the glass is suppose to be scratch resistant so it would be ok with it off.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
This is to the ppl that use the Invisible Shield on their iPhone, do you put on the front & the back or just the back only? I ordered the full shield, but I still debating if I want to put on the full shield or just the back. I figured that the glass is suppose to be scratch resistant so it would be ok with it off.

I just put the Invisible Shield on the back. The front has a shiny screen protector (can't tell the difference between the screen protector and the actual glass) that came free with a silicone case. Yeah, I'm triple protected. :rolleyes:

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
hey~guys .this one is my new iphone 3G silicone case .
its will not cover apple's logo ~quite nice for apple fans.
DSC_8620.JPG

DSC_8625.JPG

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
I got the BodyGuards. And I love them. They were harder to put on than the video, but now, it is awesome.

I used to have a silicone case for my treo and I'm not going to get one for my iPhone. I work outside a lot so I get a dust and dirt in my pockets sometimes. and it seems like for some reason, a piece of dirt would always get between the case and the phone and scratch scratch scratch. :(

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Looks like switcheasy came out with a new case for the 3G iPhone, the CapsuleRebel. Looks like a unique design. Composed of a soft silicon-like material with a hard plastic 'rib-cage' skeleton. I ordered myself a white one this morning. Nothing else to do. I am confined in doors due to the nasty Hurricane that is hitting us. Hope the case isn't too thick. Can't wait for it to arrive.

jennyyu

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
iPhone 3G Case?

I am confused?.

i just want an unique case for my baby iphone, but when I google ?iphone 3g cases?, only several suppliers are available! Griffin cases look nice and at reasonable prices but not my type, here is a no-name one....
Wholesale iPhone 3G Cases, iPhone 3G Silicone Cases, Apple iPhone 3G Cases

cheapest i've ever seen but not sure about the quality. I need more choices to get a real unique case??.any recommendation?

bigspooon

May 30, 2008
Visit site
OP here. I havent checked this post for a while now but since I have a case, I though I'd update and share my insights.

I got the 16g black iphone the other day and used it without a case. I was so nervous about my unprotected iphone that i rushed back into the apple store the next day to purchase a case.

I ended up getting the incase protective cover and couldnt be happier:
Apple Store (U.S.) - Incase Protective Cover for iPhone 3G

As I originally indicated, I wanted a case that would provide shock protection. While the incase case does nothing to protect the screen, it provides great protection to the rest of the iphone. It's really solidly built and fits the iphone snugly while minimally impacting the form factor. Coincidentally, the back of the case has an etching/engraving (not sure what to call it when it's done on rubber) that looks like a topographic map. Its only on the back and I think it looks cool.

The only issue I have with this case is an issue indicative of all rubber cases: when you have the phone in your pocket and get a call, its a little harder to take it out because the rubber grips to the fabric. So for all you emo children and hipsters wearing tight pants....I might look into a different case.

As noted previously, the case does not provide any protection for the glass touchscreen itself. I know its supposed to be scratch resistant blah, blah, blah, but if I get a scratch on the glass it will annoy me until the day I get a new phone...maybe even longer. That said, I'm planning to get one of those clear plastic films like this one:
Apple Store (U.S.) - Power Support Crystal Film Set for iPhone 3G

As a final note, I know there are many other cases that provide more comprehensive and even better protection. However, my aim in getting a case was finding one that didnt increase the size of the phone while still providing as much protection as possible.

Last edited:

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Try InCase they make some nice stuff for Apple. I use their laptop sleeve and think it looks nicer than most of the other brands. They got some nice looking cases for iPhone 3G too.

IPhone 3G Incase Product

Personally I don't like a case around my phone because of the added bulk so I went with an Invisible Shield for iPhone 3G and love it. I got a 20% off coupon for Invisible Shield if someone wants it.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Apple iPhone 3G Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Ok, so far I have purchased and used the DLO Jam Jacket, Griffin Wave Case, and just started using the Contour Flick case. Out of all of those so far I have to lean more towards the Contour Flick.

I purchased the white one to go with the white phone, but there is a slight difference in colors between case and phone. I love how the Flick case does not add so much bulk. I hated the DLO because of the lint it attracts and the problems with trying to take it out of your pocket. The Griffin Wave case is nice but does add some bulk to the phone.

I have also used the new Griffin holster, and the Incase holster. I prefer the Incase, feels like it protects far more than the Griffin. The Griffin holster feels like the phone will fall out. I also ordered the new SwitchEasy CapsuleRebel. Hopefully it will be arriving soon. I have great hopes for that case, the new design looks promising. I just with they offered a holster for that case.

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I went with a soon-to-be-released Sena horizontal wallet case:
Link to Sena Case

As a daily commuter, having my two commutation passes handy at all times while makiing sure I can remove the iPhone easily for docking sounds just about perfect.

Black leather, natch.

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
CapsuleRebel

CapsuleRebel has to be by far the best case I have used in a while on either my Touch or iPhone. It is a tad bulkier than the Contour Flick, but the design and feel of the CapsuleRebel is far superior. It is first wrapped in a soft 'silicon' material that does not grip on clothes and does not attract lint. Then it is encased in a harder plastic material that covers the 4 corner of the case and most of the back. The buttons are also covered but maintain great functionality as well as ease of use just by feel. This case is fantastic. Thinking of buying a black one so that I can mix and match the plastic covers. Highly Recommend this case.

tehflakes

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
any good recommendations for a holster? With my BB I had a Seidio holster that worked great with my skinned blackberry. Anyone know of something like this out for the 3g?

Pixelmystic

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
I bought an Incipio rubber case for my 3G phone at the AT&T store, and I've been looking for a horizontal magnetic-flap case that I can clip to my belt. The belt case will need to fit the phone while it is wearing its Incipio rubber sleeve, which is about as thin as a rubber skin can be.

Seidio has a case like this for the original iPhone, but if you read the fine print on their website, it won't fit the 3G model. Anybody have any leads on a case that will fit the bill?

WesX

Jul 24, 2008
Visit site
Try InCase they make some nice stuff for Apple. I use their laptop sleeve and think it looks nicer than most of the other brands. They got some nice looking cases for iPhone 3G too.

IPhone 3G Incase Product

Personally I don't like a case around my phone because of the added bulk so I went with an Invisible Shield for iPhone 3G and love it. I got a 20% off coupon for Invisible Shield if someone wants it.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Apple iPhone 3G Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Do you still have the 20% off coupon?

I wanted to get this because it looks like it would be very good and it would be like without having a cover on it at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77