iPhone 3G/3GS Cases

bigspooon

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I've read some of the case reviews posted on the blog and, while the reviews were good, only a few cases have been covered.

I'm planning to buy The 3g pretty much the day it comes out and I want to get the best possible case to protect the phone. I don't like bulky cases (but I recognize some people do) and tend to prefer the minimalist ones. That being said, what are the best thin profile cases out there to protect the iPhone?

I saw this case over a giz: clear armor

it looks pretty effective but the demonstrator obviously wrapped the phone in multiple layers of the material. also, it offers no shock protection which i believe to be a pretty valuable feature...

Reactions: iweeklydeal001

inertialnav

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, the case was wrapped in several layers. BUT the iPhone version looks like it doesn't cover the sides of the phone. Did you get that from the video?

jasonact

May 30, 2008
www.jasonmartinmft.com
Compatible?

Because of the slight change in form factor, I would be worried about the new 3G iPhone not fitting perfectly in a case originally designed for the first iPhone. I noticed Malware and Belkin (and probably many others) are already promoting cases that are in production for the 3G iPhone, but I'd like to find more.

Anyway, I'd caution against buying a case not designed specifically for the 3G iPhone until you know it will do the job the way you want, especially if you're looking for a case to add minimal bulk.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
i knew that apple have just released its big 3G iphone plan,
but what i haven't expected is that its cases have already on stores...
Purple Apple iPhone 3G Protective Silicone Skin Case Cover,Apple iPhone 3G Skin,Apple iPhone 3G Case

$3 case to cover your $200 phone? I'm with the vaja guy. They do great work with apple products; recently they fitted a Macbook Air with a no-need-to-remove case. See Here: iVolution

I'll probably get their line covering the back(when I get my 3G), but all their stuff is great.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
you are all wrong... the GREATEST cases for any cell phone, but espescially teh iphone is VAJA cases. check these things out. their leather cases but they are B-E-A-utiful.

Vaja - Leather Products ;)
They have some pretty cool looking cases, but kind of flashy for me. I want something plain, something simple. I can't see myself spending $95 on a case, that's almost half the cost of the phone. I know it will be worth it to some people, but my $30 Incase does the job just fine, and bonus... I saved $65.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
They have some pretty cool looking cases, but kind of flashy for me. I want something plain, something simple. I can't see myself spending $95 on a case, that's almost half the cost of the phone. I know it will be worth it to some people, but my $30 Incase does the job just fine, and bonus... I saved $65.

I'd highly recommend checking out the Agent 18 stuff. The current gen one looks clean and isn't too obtrusive.
Online Store

'Eco-friendly material with minimum carbon impact' isn't bad at all either.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
$3 case to cover your $200 phone? I'm with the vaja guy. They do great work with apple products; recently they fitted a Macbook Air with a no-need-to-remove case. See Here: iVolution

I'll probably get their line covering the back(when I get my 3G), but all their stuff is great.

I agree with xintelinsanex. The vaja cases are really nice. But a little to expensive. I'm just looking for a case that will protect the iPhone from a fall. And a case that allows me to put the phone in my pocket.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I'd highly recommend checking out the Agent 18 stuff. The current gen one looks clean and isn't too obtrusive.
Online Store

'Eco-friendly material with minimum carbon impact' isn't bad at all either.
Oh yeah, Agent 18 has some great products. Before the iPhone, I always used their cases for my iPods. I really like the eco-shield. I might get a hard case for my current gen iPhone.

jennyyu

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site

if all ipod products are named i-$%$%^....:D

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the link. They have some cool cases, but they aren't for me. Keep the links coming, some great options out there for people looking for cases for the iPhone or iPhone 3G.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
im personally waiting for the seidio cases... i currently use one with much success on my Blackberry 8830..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods