iPhone 3G/3GS Cases

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Well.. poo. I just realized (of course after I ordered) that the new InvisibleShield for the iPhone 3G does not cover the chrome bezel... and covers a lot less than the original iPhone.
Something to keep in mind folks.

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I'd really like to find a "sportier" looking horizontal case with a belt clip. Leather is a bit staid for my tastes. I see that Body Glove made one for the iPhone, but I don't much care for how all the corners are cut out (I would think you'd want a little protection there). I'm sort of in a hurry for a case, but I might have to wait it out a bit to see what else comes on the market.

jasonact

May 30, 2008
www.jasonmartinmft.com
I ultimately decided on 2 Marware cases that essentially replace my current cases.

The C.E.O. Premier replaces the case I currently have for my LG enV.

The Sportsuit replaces the case for my current 5G iPod.

I'm a little nervous about buying a case before seeing it in person, but these look to fit my needs the best. If I need to return one or both, I won't be shy about that. We'll see.

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Anyone know if AT&T or the Apple stores will have some of these cases in stock at launch? Trying to decide if I should order one online and hope it gets here on time or just pick one up when I get the phone.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Anyone know if AT&T or the Apple stores will have some of these cases in stock at launch? Trying to decide if I should order one online and hope it gets here on time or just pick one up when I get the phone.

Not sure about the at&t stores but the Apple stores usually have all or most of the cases they sell on their website.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I'd really like to find a "sportier" looking horizontal case with a belt clip. Leather is a bit staid for my tastes. I see that Body Glove made one for the iPhone, but I don't much care for how all the corners are cut out (I would think you'd want a little protection there). I'm sort of in a hurry for a case, but I might have to wait it out a bit to see what else comes on the market.

Sailorgirl: This might be the case for you:
PDO TopSkin

The case for the 1st gen iPhone won iLounge's Case of the Year. Seems to fit your description of what you are looking for.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Not sure about the at&t stores but the Apple stores usually have all or most of the cases they sell on their website.

BUT Apple isn't selling any 3g cases on their website... actually no one is except those who live in Hong Kong and are selling them off of eBay (and chances are they are left over stock from the first gen iPhone). All I have seen so far are "Preorders." I am wondering if Apple made them wait to sell.

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
After much deliberation I've decided to just wait until Friday to buy my iPhone 3G's case. I'll shop around at the Apple Store and hopefully they'll have something suitable. Even though it seems that all of the online stores are offering 30 day guarantees I'd rather not deal with the hassle of sending something back if I decide I don't like it. I'm going to have to baby my iPhone if they don't have anything in the store that will work.

I just want something that will protect the phone and hold it on my belt securely. The Sena cases are lousy in my opinion. I had one for my Treo and it left the corners completely exposed. Absolutely useless for drop protection (which is the primary reason I want a case). The Griffin Wave looks nice, so does the iSkin Revo, but I need it to be on my belt. Maybe paired with a side pouch kind of a thing, but I don't know if those will handle the phone when its already in another case. Sigh.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site

I was not sure about that so that is why I ordered online and hoping I get it the day before or the day of launch. I would like to assume they will have cases for the 3G but I don't know which ones and it might not be the one I wanted.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
BUT Apple isn't selling any 3g cases on their website... actually no one is except those who live in Hong Kong and are selling them off of eBay (and chances are they are left over stock from the first gen iPhone). All I have seen so far are "Preorders." I am wondering if Apple made them wait to sell.

Apple will be on July 11th I'm sure...

Last edited:

jmeiners

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I saw an AT&T youtube video with some what to expect and how to be "iReady" and the speaker indicated that there would be cases and other accessories available on launch day at the AT&T stores. If this is the case I would be very surprised if Apple did not have them as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR