I was going to get the iSkin Fuze but the one from Griffin looks pretty cool too. I'll have to wait to get more information before making a decision. For those of you who have the 2G, is it cumbersome carrying that on your hip?

iSkin fuze - world's first dual-layer fused soft and hard iPhone case
    07-04-2008 12:24 AM
    I think im getting the Otterbox Defender.
    07-04-2008 12:24 AM
    Getting the iSkin Fuze whenever it comes out for the 3G. Hopefully it is SOON! I mean, I'm not gonna want to use my phone without a case on it for sure. I'm probably going to go ahead and order an invisibleShield for the front; don't want that pretty glass getting all scratched up!
    07-04-2008 12:53 AM
    Ooh man, nevermind those other two I posted.

I really like this one now, after looking at what hermdog posted:
    C-E-O-Sleeve-for-iPhone-3G
    I just bought that yesterday.
    07-04-2008 08:59 AM
    I pre-ordered the InvisibleShield. I'll be getting another case for hooking on my waistband because I just don't have pockets big enough for the iPhone to comfortably fit. That CEO Sleeve looks like just the ticket.

I also bought a small waterproof case from Otterbox to store my phone in when I'm not using it but carrying it in harsh environments (i.e. when sailing). Those Otterboxes are cool, although I'll need to add some foam to it so it doesn't bang around inside of there.
    Last edited by sailorgirl; 07-04-2008 at 09:28 AM.
    07-04-2008 09:23 AM
    I really like the iFuze, but of course it is not yet available for the 3G. so I guess I will have to settle for something else or go without a case for a while until iFuze is available.
    07-04-2008 08:21 PM
    When i get my 3G i was thinking about ordering an invisible shield . . . but then i started to think what if it makes the touch screen feel weird. i like the feel of the glass and i'm afraid that the film will make is seem kind of sticky

has any one tried one out? how do they feel . . . ?
    07-05-2008 01:41 AM
    Check out this thread for more on these products.
    07-05-2008 01:49 AM
    I ordered just the back of the INVISIBLEshield for 20% off (since it is a preorder) and will be getting something slick for the face of the iPhone. Additionally, I will be getting a silicone cover.

Reasons:
    I don't like the idea of an "Orange Peel" feel of the BodyGuardz or INVISIBLEshield on the touch screen
    Also, the Orange Peel, from what I have read, makes the screen harder to see at certain angles and does not make images look as crisp.

Secondly, even though I am putting the shield on it does not protect against the impact of drops.. and I drop my phone a bit. However, I have had plenty of silicone skins and hard cases for my iPods in the past and once sand/dirt/debris gets inside they rub around in it and create tons of small scratches. So, in my experience, I need both the shield and the silicone skin.

To bring the cost down I will probably buy a silicone skin that comes with a free face protector. (Kind of like the Griffin FlexGrip).

Price to do this:
    $15.16 for the back 1/2 of the INVISIBLEshield (with lifetime replacements)
    $10.00 for the Griffin FlexGrip with face shield (or other brand... options will be all over eBay in a few weeks)
    Total $25.16

Not too bad.
    07-05-2008 02:52 AM
    According to iLounge, the best combination for looks, usability, and protection is using a NLU BodyGuardz film on the back of the iPhone with a Power Support Crystal Film on the front. This is the exact combination I use, and it is wonderful. Since then, FullBodyFilms came out with their Protection Pack, which included a BodyGuardz for the back and a Crystal Film-like front, for much less than buying the two separately. I sent FullBodyFilms an e-mail about the 3G, and they said they were "still testing" but that it would be out sometime in July. NLU has begun taking pre-orders for their BodyGuardz, which it says will ship July 12. ZAGG has begun shipping orders for their InvisibleShield already, but they've had so many pre-orders (at least 50,000) that if you order now it will be at least two weeks before it would ship. In my experience, the NLU BodyGuardz feel much nicer than the InvisibleShield, and they cover slightly more of the iPhone. Also, my experience with ZAGG was so terrible that they ended up refunding me for my iPhone shield purchase, and I've decided to never buy from them again.

I should note that when I took my iPhone into an AT&T store, the customer service representative really liked the look of my BodyGuardz-covered iPhone and asked me where I got it. Despite selling many iPhones and having his own iPhone, he had never seen anything like it. It gives the iPhone just a little bit of a glossy effect that makes it look nice, and it won't show fingerprints or smudges. Plus I really like that it doesn't cover up the sleek iPhone with cheap-looking plastic/rubber. After about 9 months, I began to notice the dirt that was accumulating along the corners began to make just a millimeter or two of the film begin to not stick as well as before, so I eventually replaced the BodyGuardz (it comes with two sets), but it lasted me at least 9 months, and with the included second set, I expect it would last around 18 months.

I'm pretty sure the size and shape of the front of the iPhone are exactly the same, so the Power Support Crystal Film (or any other static film) should still work for the 3G, but for complete back protection, it will be hard to get anything from NLU, ZAGG, or FullBodyFilms at the launch of the 3G. I like the look and feel (and protection) of the BodyGuardz/FullBodyFilms so much that I'm considering delaying purchasing the 3G iPhone for a week or two to make sure I have good protection first. I guess I do treat gadgets like children (I can afford that, since I don't have any real children, at least not yet), and I would hate for my brand new iPhone to get any scratches.
    Thank you SOOOO MUCH . . . this is the info that i've been looking for. i didn't want a cheep rubber feeling skin for my new phone . . .
    07-05-2008 03:05 AM
    I want to know what kind of cases people will be getting. I was thinking of the invisible shield and have heard only good things about it.
    07-05-2008 04:28 PM
    07-05-2008 04:48 PM
    I was thinking about the Griffin Nu Form Hard-Shell Case (Griffin Nu Form Hard-Shell Case for iPhone 3G | iLounge), but I'm not sure.
    07-05-2008 05:43 PM
    I'm about to drop the cash on the Nu Form.

Griffin Technology: Nu Form
    07-05-2008 06:56 PM
    Well.. poo. I just realized (of course after I ordered) that the new InvisibleShield for the iPhone 3G does not cover the chrome bezel... and covers a lot less than the original iPhone.
    Something to keep in mind folks.
    07-05-2008 11:53 PM
    I'd really like to find a "sportier" looking horizontal case with a belt clip. Leather is a bit staid for my tastes. I see that Body Glove made one for the iPhone, but I don't much care for how all the corners are cut out (I would think you'd want a little protection there). I'm sort of in a hurry for a case, but I might have to wait it out a bit to see what else comes on the market.
    07-06-2008 10:07 AM
    I'm about to drop the cash on the Nu Form.

Griffin Technology: Nu Form
    Be careful with cases like that as it is VERY likely it will scratch the chrome bezel on the phone.
    07-06-2008 03:55 PM
    I ultimately decided on 2 Marware cases that essentially replace my current cases.

The C.E.O. Premier replaces the case I currently have for my LG enV.

The Sportsuit replaces the case for my current 5G iPod.

I'm a little nervous about buying a case before seeing it in person, but these look to fit my needs the best. If I need to return one or both, I won't be shy about that. We'll see.
    07-06-2008 04:01 PM
    Anyone know if AT&T or the Apple stores will have some of these cases in stock at launch? Trying to decide if I should order one online and hope it gets here on time or just pick one up when I get the phone.
    07-06-2008 08:23 PM
    Anyone know if AT&T or the Apple stores will have some of these cases in stock at launch? Trying to decide if I should order one online and hope it gets here on time or just pick one up when I get the phone.
    Not sure about the at&t stores but the Apple stores usually have all or most of the cases they sell on their website.
    07-06-2008 10:49 PM
    I'd really like to find a "sportier" looking horizontal case with a belt clip. Leather is a bit staid for my tastes. I see that Body Glove made one for the iPhone, but I don't much care for how all the corners are cut out (I would think you'd want a little protection there). I'm sort of in a hurry for a case, but I might have to wait it out a bit to see what else comes on the market.
    Sailorgirl: This might be the case for you:
    PDO TopSkin

The case for the 1st gen iPhone won iLounge's Case of the Year. Seems to fit your description of what you are looking for.
    07-07-2008 12:31 AM
    Not sure about the at&t stores but the Apple stores usually have all or most of the cases they sell on their website.
    BUT Apple isn't selling any 3g cases on their website... actually no one is except those who live in Hong Kong and are selling them off of eBay (and chances are they are left over stock from the first gen iPhone). All I have seen so far are "Preorders." I am wondering if Apple made them wait to sell.
    07-07-2008 12:33 AM
    After much deliberation I've decided to just wait until Friday to buy my iPhone 3G's case. I'll shop around at the Apple Store and hopefully they'll have something suitable. Even though it seems that all of the online stores are offering 30 day guarantees I'd rather not deal with the hassle of sending something back if I decide I don't like it. I'm going to have to baby my iPhone if they don't have anything in the store that will work.

I just want something that will protect the phone and hold it on my belt securely. The Sena cases are lousy in my opinion. I had one for my Treo and it left the corners completely exposed. Absolutely useless for drop protection (which is the primary reason I want a case). The Griffin Wave looks nice, so does the iSkin Revo, but I need it to be on my belt. Maybe paired with a side pouch kind of a thing, but I don't know if those will handle the phone when its already in another case. Sigh.
    07-07-2008 01:30 AM
    I was not sure about that so that is why I ordered online and hoping I get it the day before or the day of launch. I would like to assume they will have cases for the 3G but I don't know which ones and it might not be the one I wanted.
    07-07-2008 09:07 AM
    BUT Apple isn't selling any 3g cases on their website... actually no one is except those who live in Hong Kong and are selling them off of eBay (and chances are they are left over stock from the first gen iPhone). All I have seen so far are "Preorders." I am wondering if Apple made them wait to sell.
    Apple will be on July 11th I'm sure...
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 07-07-2008 at 09:29 AM.
    07-07-2008 09:09 AM
240 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD