I'm not enough of an iOS expert to know whether Siri can be put in a state where it will listen perhaps for keywords then take put whatever you say into a data field based on the keyword... so if you want to store the number of cans of tuna in your pantry, you might say "tunacans", which would make the app listen for the next thing you say, and you say "18" and it would put "18" into the "tunacans" field. I accept that the keywords would have to be identified etc... or maybe there's an app that does this: put the app in a 'listening' state and it listens for specific keywords, and then undertakes either a "record speech to text" process or undertakes some other completely arbitrary action (that you preconfigure).

Is there such a thing / technique? Bonus points (well, your iOS cred will be increased!) if such an app or technique can be used WITHOUT a persistent internet connection,

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to think about this and answer!
    03-18-2015 02:07 PM
    The only systems I know of capable of this are dedicated inventory control systems with highly specialized hardware used in warehouses.
    03-18-2015 03:22 PM