Do You Use Led Flash For Alerts

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I tried it once, then turned it off as it was annoying. But I am sure for those in need, it works wonders.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes I use it. My 5s is mostly on vibrate so when my 5s is on my Twelve South Charging stand it really comes in handy...it's bright and lets me know when incoming ...anything comes in without the annoyance of rings, dings, ect.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I do enough already that drains my battery down. So I don't use it, even though I have hearing problems. I use it in some situations, but that's rare.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I used it for a little bit, but people get scared when you're holding your phone or they think you're taking a pic of them.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I don't but I really wish IPhones had an small LED notification light on the front like the BB's have. The one that keeps flashing until you open you device.
PIA to have to turn on my device to determine if I missed something while I walked away from my device & couldn't hear the notification.
Good Luck

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't but I really wish IPhones had an small LED notification light on the front like the BB's have. The one that keeps flashing until you open you device.
PIA to have to turn on my device to determine if I missed something while I walked away from my device & couldn't hear the notification.
Good Luck

I want that too, but its never going to happen.

Gunny Fitz

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes I use it. My 5s is mostly on vibrate so when my 5s is on my Twelve South Charging stand it really comes in handy...it's bright and lets me know when incoming ...anything comes in without the annoyance of rings, dings, ect.

I also used the LED light feature on my Samsung S5 and thought it was absolutely priceless!
While phone was on silent, at a simple glance one could look at your phone and see if there was an email or text waiting for you. You could enable different colors and have them flash for different reasons. HOWEVER .........

This was visible on the FRONT side of the device and it didnt need to be laid face DOWN to see if you had something waiting for you! Why on earth does the iPhone only have this alert on the BACK of the phone and not allow users to have any LED lights activate on the FRONT / FACE side of it? To me that is not a quality feature and should be capable of letting the user select which side of the dang phone they want it to work on! If I am missing something here and there IS some way to have the LED light show on the face of it, PLEASE someone clue me in!!
Colors would also be a very great thing to have a choice of too. The first time I used the iPhone option it was for my morning alarm and didnt know what the heck was going on when this bright as hell light started flashing in my pitch dark room! UGH.
Please help me here folks??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234