Reduce motion on or off?

ScottyBoy_22

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine on for a while now, but just today, I thought I'd turn it off again and surprisingly, the motion of closing/opening an App, etc, felt like a nice change. More polished than the fade-in/out transition you get with reduce motion turned off, albeit slower.

I'm not too keen on the moving icons/wallpaper, though. I wish you could turn certain things off/on.

Do you have yours turned off or on? And why?

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have reduced motion turned on cause I don't like the parallax effect, I don't mind the fade effects but I would like a separate option for each.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Had mine off for a while and turned it on a week ago. As of this morning it is off again, I have gotten to where I don't care much about the eye candy.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I finally decided to see the difference with it OFF and i still prefer with it ON, i really like the animations over the fade in/out. Its nice they give the option to users.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Tried them both. Currently have it turned off and looks like it will stay that way. I like it better that way.

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I haven't really bothered to try it with the option turned off. It was on, I kept it on, and plan to keep it on until I'm bored.

Wait, I'm bored.

Edit:

That's....it?

Meh, I'm an either or kind of guy.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Reduce motion is currently turned off. I had it turned on prior to this last update, due to the jumpy home screen issue.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have reduced motion set to on, I personally don't like some of the animations or the parallax effect of iOS 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner