Reduce motion now removes all animation transitions.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So now reduce motion is pretty bare bones. Everything just fades in and out now. Barely any effect at all. I can't tell if it's actually any faster than with the normal animations. Ugh. I hated the parallax motion but did like the other animations. Now it feels quite lame.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So now reduce motion is pretty bare bones. Everything just fades in and out now. Barely any effect at all. I can't tell if it's actually any faster than with the normal animations. Ugh. I hated the parallax motion but did like the other animations. Now it feels quite lame.

Both effects are the same length

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

antiprotest

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Not an issue of speed for me but the stupid annoying animations were the only thing I disliked about ios7 that couldn't be fixed. Now it's aweeesooomeeee.

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I guess not everybody is going to be happy which each update. You can't please everyone

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I like the way everything just fades in and out. Doesn't seem slow either, which is nice.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a problem with the parallax or animations on iOS 7.0.2. So, what exactly has changed with 7.0.3?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've never had a problem with the parallax or animations on iOS 7.0.2. So, what exactly has changed with 7.0.3?

Nothing has changed if you keep reduced motion off. Turning it on gives exiting an app a fade in effect instead of zoom.

Same goes for opening folders.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
No app animation is good for my iPad 2. The delay of slide to unlock is cool too. Last week a friend looking over my shoulder saw me bypass slide to unlock and asked me what did I do to open the phone.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I like the fade-in. Have kept reduce motion off but didn't see the purpose of parallax. Now, I think I might leave reduce motion on

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yep, fade's much better. At least now you can see the option works. I wasn't so sure before, since I didn't see much change.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

I agree. I liked the animations just didn't like the parallax and it eating my battery.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
After using it all night I think without the animations moving between apps and such is definitely faster than with the animations. I think I will keep it this way. It's not as flashy but I'm liking the no frills look of the fade in and out combined with the increased speed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh