Purchasing a MacBook through eBay

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking for an older MacBook to buy just to carry around everywhere. I already have a mac laptop but I want an older one that I can use for just writing, emails, and possibly to listen to cds. Any ideas on how old of an laptop I can get that will satisfy my needs? Oh and I don’t want anything super expensive

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn’t recommend anything prior to a 2012 model, but that’s Just Me, D....:)....I have a 2009 model MacBook, but it’s barely hanging on. Anyway, I hope other members offer their recommendations to you soon.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn’t recommend anything prior to a 2012 model, but that’s Just Me, D....:)....I have a 2009 model MacBook, but it’s barely hanging on. Anyway, I hope other members offer their recommendations to you soon.

I have to agree with JusMeD. I think this is sound advice.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Ancient thread, but no more replies, so why not. Either it's been bought or it hasn't.

The 2012 13" MBP is going to be supported for awhile longer on Apple's side. Can probably get an i5 for pretty cheap on eBay (I got an i7 a couple of weeks ago to upgrade) and then get a solid state drive on sale cheap to make it boot super-quick.

Leaves option open of bigger upgrades (16 GB RAM, 1TB SSD) if wanted, but can get one at the price of an Ultrabook right now.

Has a CD drive too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73