Opinions on the 12-inch MacBook?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Had mine for less then 23 hours and it runs as well as my 2014 13" pro. Not sluggish at all so far if anything faster than my pro.

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Now I am using it, everything is right but the only annoying things is the having just one port because I need to connect iPhone to my Mac to debug applications and it consumes a lot of energy but I couldn't connect my Mac to charger because the only port is busy. I don't have any problem at all with the type pf port, but I have with the number of the ports.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, I sold my MacBook Pro 2012 13'' and bought the 12" 2016 MacBook. And everything I did with my 13'' Pro I can do with my new 12'', I couldn't find out anything it wasn't able to handle. I even played some games lol, even though you might shouldn't because it doesn't have a fan.
But photo and video editing is as fast as it was on the 13'', the display is gorgeous, it's really fast for everyday stuff and it doesn't lag at all.
It might look a bit low on specs but OS X and the hardware is working together just perfectly fine.
The new butterfly keyboard might feel a bit weird at first, but you'll get used to it! I also tried to feel the difference of the new MacBook Pro's (it says it has a 2.gen butterfly keyboard) and the 12'' keyboard and I couldn't tell.
The portability of this thing is amazing, you can take it with you, anywhere you go, because it's so thin and lightweight you don't even notice it while carrying it around.

The downside is the one USB-C port and the battery life IMO.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Now I am using it, everything is right but the only annoying things is the having just one port because I need to connect iPhone to my Mac to debug applications and it consumes a lot of energy but I couldn't connect my Mac to charger because the only port is busy. I don't have any problem at all with the type pf port, but I have with the number of the ports.

I use the dongle with Lightening, USB and video and don't find it to be out of hand or inconvenient for all the times I appreciate the slim and trim system by itself.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Mine is a 2015 and I really, really like it. The 2016 will drive a 4K monitor, and that would be pretty cool.

The only change I'd like to see on the next version would be one— just one— more USB-C port. Maybe better battery life. Otherwise, I'm in love with this small, light, and elegant notebook.

Eumaeus

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I love my 2015 model, but I'm looking forward to getting a maxed 2017 model. The CPU and GPU bump will be nice, but I think the revised keyboard, doubled RAM, and faster SSD will bring the machine to near perfection for my use.

I am astonished at how the single USB-C port has never seemed to be an irritant.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Picked up one at best buy with the m3 processor and it great no issues at all. It's my third MacBook and they never disapoint in any area.

Prior to picking up the MacBook I thought I would try the Pixelbook and it was a disaster with Bluetooth and printing issues that google didn’t have fixes for. Again Apple just works! Well worth the price you pay.

Last edited:

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I enjoyed my MacBookr for over 2 years. I bought it the first year and It worked great but it had its limitations. Only reason I sold mine last year was to upgrade to a 13.3 MBP with upgraded ram and storage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77