Is the New Macbook good for gaming?

I

iMore Question

I am a big time gamer and was considering getting the New Macbook 12 inch, how good is it for gaming?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It's not a great gaming machine but it can handle games with some tweaking to them. You are better off with a Mac Book Pro (or a gaming PC like the Razer Blade, or an Alienware model)

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Horrible, especially for the price. There's msi, Asus, aorus (razer blade is still pretty bad for its price tag, Alienware is ok). It mostly all depends on what type of gaming you want to do but it needs for semi hardcore gaming a 960m. The 950m won't cut it and 970/980m is what you would want. None of apple laptops have anything near that good.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
As @pkcable said it's not a great gaming computer. The core M processor is great for every day usage and some light photo and video editing. For anything heavier than that, go with a Pro.

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I play Starcraft 2 on mine perfectly fine but It drains the battery like no other. Other than that, performance in game is great. I'm running the M5.

Andoresu47

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Definitely not for serious gaming, despite having a decent amount of ram. Sure you can play some popular games on low settings though, such as CSGo or starcraft.

allure08

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I would not recommend this computer for gaming. I don't game but i have tried having multiple programs and apps running at same time and judging from that i do not recommend playing games on this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox