Upgrade to a refurbished MBP now or wait until Black Friday?

CGWaters

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2010 Macbook Pro that I've been quoted an excellent (IMO) selling price. I'm considering selling it so as to upgrade to a refurbished 2015 Macbook Pro (FJLT2LL/A) via Apple's website. This model has been $2,119.00 ever since I spotted it on the website a few weeks ago. I'm hesitant to purchase though because of how close we are to Black Friday--at which time I'm wondering if the current discount (15% off retail price) will be increased ... or even if a new, non-refurbished MJLT2LL/A will be discounted to a price lower than that of the refurbished model -- either on Apple's site or elsewhere.

Complicating matters, the excellent price I've been guaranteed for my 2010 Macbook Pro expires in less than two weeks.

Any comments? I'm unfamiliar with Apple's -- and other retailers' -- track record in this area. Thanks!

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
At the very least I think you will get free apple gift cards. I bought my Apple TV and iPhone 6plus last year and left with $25 and $50 gift cards. On Black Friday of course.

CGWaters

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! Was that an in-store-only promotion? I have no intention of going anywhere near an Apple Store (or any other stores!) on Black Friday.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it was in store only. But I did just walk in there and leave with my 6 plus. It wasn't very busy at all, I went around 3-4 pm. Maybe it was a little busy but I wasn't there for long even so.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro