Which one should I get the Macbook vs. Macbook Pro (2015)?

I

iMore Question

I'm doing a lot of research on the new Macbook vs. the Macbook Pro (2015). I do a bit of graphics work (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.), and am torn between the specs of the new Macbook vs the 13" Macbook Pro.

Both price-wise are identical. The SSD drive is double the size on the Macbook... However most other specs are beefier on the Macbook Pro. The only other pro of the new Macbook is the design and portability of the unit itself. It is just so slim, lightweight, and portable.

What are your thoughts on this? For the $, is the Macbook Pro still the way to go? I realize the MBP still has a lot of the inputs I'd probably need as well... just looking for some honest feedback here!

Thanks!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Macbook vs. Macbook Pro (2015)

Honestly for your use is go with the Pro.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Honestly for your use is go with the Pro.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Yes, for your use case, I would recommend you going with the MacBook Pro. . . . You will not be disappointed.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

I find the lack of hard drive space is really tough. You won't regret more power though. Also you won't regret the extra ports. Photoshop runs well on less power in my experience. I can't wait until 3rd parties have a compatible SSD at 1TB. Using an external at times is inconvenient.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm really torn between the two myself.

All I really do is surf on the web, download and watch a lot of movies, and use Microsoft word.

So I'm probably good with the MacBook but just worried

petvas72

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
If you do a lot of heavy graphics work then you should go with the MacBook Pro. If you commute a lot and value to have a light laptop, and don't have a problem if your MacBook would be a bit slow in some occasions, then you should go with the new MacBook.
I was under the same dilemma and went with the MacBook Pro.

Golfr 013

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
In response to the person who wished the MacBook came with a 1TB SSD...I bought a new MacBook Pro Retina in December with a 1TB SSD. This configuration is not available off-the-shelf, but, can be ordered via Apple. I run Windows 8.1 Pro in a Parallels VM so I split the HD space between the two operating systems...works beautifully!

hitmanbb88

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
How often do you travel? How much do you value portability over power? The MacBook should run Photoshop just fine, just slower than the pro. As for the ports, depending on if you normally use all these ports? For me, I can go months without using any of the ports. In answering those questions, I got myself a MacBook and couldn't be happier. For normal tasks like web browsing, streaming videos, etc., it is snappier than my i7 gaming windows laptop.

relic74

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I ran into a similar situation about a week ago. I decided on the new Lenovo LaVie Z 360 and before you jump on me, hear me out. I got OSX and Android running on it. It's lighter than the MacBook, is only 1.5mm thicker, it's as powerful as the MacBook Pro 13 as it has an i7 5500U CPU, 13.3" QHD, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 2 USB 3.0, HDMI and SD Card. Since it has the same functionality as a Yoga the keyboard flips around turning it into a tablet, that's where Android comes into play and it works quite well. It actually feels like a real tablet to because of how light and thin it is. OSX, I got the touchscreen to function and as far as I can see everything else is running perfectly as well. If you connected a monitor and a Mac Keyboard/mouse to the Lenovo LaVie and than hid it from site, anyone using it wouldn't be able to tell that they weren't using a Mac. This thing is absolutely incredible and frankly is a lot more revolutionary than Apple claims the MacBook to be as you actually have ports and a decent CPU. So now I have my iMac for home and while I'm out and about a Hackintoshed LaVie. Tablets, an iPad Air II and Nexus 9. So I'm definitely finished with computers for a while.

Anyway, good luck with your decision, just know that if you want to run OSX, a MacBook isn't your only option. Seriously, I can't tell the difference between my iMac and Lenovo, they both run OSX exactly the same.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods