Not that big of deal to me. I have a case on my rMBP
    05-08-2015 06:09 PM
    Not that big of deal to me. I have a case on my rMBP
    I just hope they don't remove it from the MacBook Pro. That would make me unhappy.
    05-09-2015 10:06 AM
    Seriously people are upset about this, i am glad its gone on my rMP, you can't see it anyway and glad its not glowing when using out and about.
    05-09-2015 09:54 PM
    I love glowing logo

People can call me cheesy, but that glowing logo, is the 1st thing that makes me think "macbook is so cool, really nice looking, and I want that"

And after that, others advantages just follow

The main point is, that glowing logo, is the 1st step, which makes me attracted to macbook
    Bigeric23 likes this.
    05-10-2015 01:40 AM
    I love glowing logo

People can call me cheesy, but that glowing logo, is the 1st thing that makes me think "macbook is so cool, really nice looking, and I want that"

And after that, others advantages just follow

The main point is, that glowing logo, is the 1st step, which makes me attracted to macbook
    I could not agree more. That glowing logo is iconic.
    05-10-2015 09:40 AM
    I could not agree more. That glowing logo is iconic.
    I have to agree....I was VERY surprised when they did that.
    05-18-2015 11:36 PM
    Gotta say, for me, I can't stand the logo lighting up on my rMBP, and am looking for a case I like that can cover it up. I just think it is obnoxious and sends, in my opinion, a message about my opinion of Apple laptops that is not true (that being I am some how superior). Again, my opinion, but I'd rather not advertise that I have a rMBP, I bought it for me, not as a silly status thing. That said, I did not buy a new rMB last week, and I did buy a new rMBP, and that decision had nothing to do with the silly logo lighting up or not. One fits my use case, one does not.
    05-19-2015 02:35 AM
    Gotta say, for me, I can't stand the logo lighting up on my rMBP, and am looking for a case I like that can cover it up. I just think it is obnoxious and sends, in my opinion, a message about my opinion of Apple laptops that is not true (that being I am some how superior). Again, my opinion, but I'd rather not advertise that I have a rMBP, I bought it for me, not as a silly status thing. That said, I did not buy a new rMB last week, and I did buy a new rMBP, and that decision had nothing to do with the silly logo lighting up or not. One fits my use case, one does not.
    It's not a big deal to me whether or not the Apple logo is illuminated. However, it is a branding thing, and something that the Mac laptops have done for a very long time. It does make the laptop stand out in a crowd - and I see that more as an Apple brand promotion rather than me showing off. It has always been somewhat iconic.

However, seeing as how it's an Apple branding thing and an Apple decision not to put it on the new rMB, its a moot point.
    05-19-2015 10:52 AM
    I've never really paid attention to it honestly...if the next gen MBP's remove it, it won't affect me at all.
    05-19-2015 11:39 AM
    It's not a big deal to me whether or not the Apple logo is illuminated. However, it is a branding thing, and something that the Mac laptops have done for a very long time. It does make the laptop stand out in a crowd - and I see that more as an Apple brand promotion rather than me showing off. It has always been somewhat iconic.

However, seeing as how it's an Apple branding thing and an Apple decision not to put it on the new rMB, its a moot point.
    I think I'll start a petition to ensure Apple does not remove the glowing logo from the MacBook Pro. . . . I figure all I need is about 1,000,000 or so signatures.
    05-19-2015 03:48 PM
    I think I'll start a petition to ensure Apple does not remove the glowing logo from the MacBook Pro. . . . I figure all I need is about 1,000,000 or so signatures.
    If you need some guidance on how to get the petition off the ground, talk to some of the folks over at CrackBerry. They have petitions for everything, mostly trying to influence app developers to support BlackBerry devices. Be aware though, every one of these petition efforts has been a failure in terms of getting what they wanted.
    05-21-2015 02:10 PM
    If you need some guidance on how to get the petition off the ground, talk to some of the folks over at CrackBerry. They have petitions for everything, mostly trying to influence app developers to support BlackBerry devices. Be aware though, every one of these petition efforts has been a failure in terms of getting what they wanted.
    Well . . . there goes any level of confidence I had.
    Coachbulldog and Channan like this.
    05-21-2015 02:44 PM
    Agree
    05-24-2015 01:25 PM
    I actually like the apple not lighting up. It doesn't do anything for my wife on her MacBook Pro. We never even see it unless it's closed. The apple looks good on my space grey macbook👍🏻
    Robster33 likes this.
    06-13-2015 12:00 PM
    I somewhat miss the logo, but it was something that I didn't really pay attention to begin with. The "iPhone" like logo is actually very nice and looks sleek and sophisticated on this machine.
    07-09-2015 04:00 PM
40 12