As the title asks, what do you think of the new 2 lb. all metal MacBook? Specifically, your initial impressions.
    03-09-2015 01:35 PM
    Want...
    03-09-2015 01:36 PM
    Very nice. My concern is the keyboard ending right at the edges on both sides which would take some getting used to.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-09-2015 01:41 PM
    Want...
    No doubt, and I'm already calculating when I'm getting it...(laughing)
    03-09-2015 01:45 PM
    Very nice. My concern is the keyboard ending right at the edges on both sides which would take some getting used to.
    I like the spread of the keyboard, and I don't foresee it being a concern, at least not for me. I just wish it had maintained the 13.3-inch display size.
    SmartFah likes this.
    03-09-2015 01:47 PM
    $1299 price shipping on April 10th. I've got work to do...
    03-09-2015 01:53 PM
    The MacBook is crazy. That Gold YIKES!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    shief24 and Just_Me_D like this.
    03-09-2015 01:55 PM
    I was impressed at the (lack there of) thickness. The retina display. But that processor gets in the way of getting my money. Looks like I am going to purchase a new macbook air (or pro 13") with the updated processors.
    shief24, thoughthalo and Just_Me_D like this.
    03-09-2015 03:05 PM
    I was impressed at the (lack there of) thickness. The retina display. But that processor gets in the way of getting my money. Looks like I am going to purchase a new macbook air (or pro 13") with the updated processors.
    Do you think that the new device will underperform with the specs it comes with, specifically the processor?
    03-09-2015 03:08 PM
    Do you think that the new device will underperform with the specs it comes with, specifically the processor?
    Core M is kinda weak
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-09-2015 03:15 PM
    Its definitely innovative in my opinion. The battery setup, trackpad, micro logic board. The USB C. I think I would still go with a MBA like I did in November for the ports for my personal needs.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-09-2015 03:17 PM
    I don't think so but I guess it depends on what one is doing. I can run Logic Pro on my MBA 11 inch flawlessly with 60 tracks with power to spare. I'm sure the New MacBook can do it and more.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-09-2015 03:23 PM
    It looks good but it is priced the same as the Mac Pro with Retina. Being at the same price and having the same features and battery life I would take the Mac Pro with Retina. To me the lower weight isn't an equal trade off.
    03-09-2015 04:56 PM
    Core M is kinda weak
    Yeah. It seems deliberate because the Core M will help the MacBook get its advertised battery life as well as let the thing stay cool during processes now that it doesn't have a fan.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-09-2015 05:51 PM
    I don't think so but I guess it depends on what one is doing. I can run Logic Pro on my MBA 11 inch flawlessly with 60 tracks with power to spare. I'm sure the New MacBook can do it and more.

I don't have a MacBook but want to get one for Logic Pro and Final Cut. Interesting that you can run Logic on an Air without issue as everyone seems to be saying the MacBook Pro is the one for that.

I do like the Gold MacBook but the lack of more ports is a huge turn off for me and renders the unit useless. I need an absolute minimum of two USB ports for the peripherals I have. I can't see anything that would make me buy this over the more powerful, larger screened 13" MBPr for the same money. It's really not that much heavier than the new MacBook in real worlkd portability terms.
    Last edited by Highrisedrifter; 03-10-2015 at 03:48 PM.
    03-09-2015 08:02 PM
    I don't have a MacBook but want to get one for Logic Pro and Final Cut. Interesting that you can run Logic on an Air without issue as everyone seems to be saying the MacBook Pro is the one for that.

I do like the Gold MacBook but the lack of more ports is a huge turn off for me and renders the unit useless. I need an absolute minimum of two USB ports for the peripherals I have.
    I even put 30 instances of Space Designer Reverb on the session just to see if the processor would spike and it didn't. It hit the halfway mark.
    All of this was on the MBA internal 128 SSD.
    There are vids on YouTube of guys playing huge Protools session on the MBA 2011.
    I got my MBA just for internet stuff and some lightweight Garage Band stuff but I was shocked what it did with Logic Pro. With the MBP you can probably go nuts with it.

Highrisedrifter likes this.
    03-09-2015 08:16 PM
    GASM!!!!!!!

ѕenт ғroм мy ιpнone 6 υѕιng тapaтalĸ
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-09-2015 09:05 PM
    I even put 30 instances of Space Designer Reverb on the session just to see if the processor would spike and it didn't. It hit the halfway mark.
    All of this was on the MBA internal 128 SSD.
    There are vids on YouTube of guys playing huge Protools session on the MBA 2011.
    I got my MBA just for internet stuff and some lightweight Garage Band stuff but I was shocked what it did with Logic Pro. With the MBP you can probably go nuts with it.

I'm really pleased to hear this, mate, I really am. Thanks.
    shief24 likes this.
    03-09-2015 09:08 PM
    Very nice, I'm wanting an upgrade.... but so don't need one.
    03-09-2015 09:10 PM
    I'm really pleased to hear this, mate, I really am. Thanks.
    As far as Final Cut. I don't know how it would perform. I know video can be more intense than audio. I've never used FCP. I used iMovie once for a family video lol

03-09-2015 09:15 PM
    Core M is kinda weak
    Kinda weak is not the same as being weak. Also, how many people will truly "need" more than it offers? Take me for example. I am still using a MacBook that I bought brand new in February 2009. That's 6 years ago. It has a total of 4 gigs of RAM and is currently running OS X Yosemite without any issues. Getting the new MacBook to replace my old MacBook after 6 years makes sense, and the new MacBook will be more device than I "need" being that my current 6 year old device is sufficient. Know what I mean?
    shief24, DarlaMack and LVMHgirl like this.
    03-09-2015 09:47 PM
    Kinda weak is not the same as being weak. Also, how many people will truly "need" more than it offers? Take me for example. I am still using a MacBook that I bought brand new in February 2009. That's 6 years ago. It has a total of 4 gigs of RAM and is currently running OS X Yosemite without any issues. Getting the new MacBook to replace my old MacBook after 6 years makes sense, and the new MacBook will be more device than I "need" being that my current 6 year old device is sufficient. Know what I mean?
    You gonna get the gold one so I can live vicariously through you

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    03-09-2015 10:20 PM
    I like the colors but it's not offering enough for me. Even though it is impressive.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-09-2015 10:21 PM
    I'm really impressed with the hardware. Only a couple questions need answering before I place my order.

I'm curious to see how that processor runs at only 1.2ghz.

I really think the MacBook stole the show today, as the Apple Watch is nothing special as far as I can tell.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-09-2015 10:29 PM
    Skylake 13" rMBP will be my next laptop.
    03-10-2015 12:25 AM
73 123