Mb air 14/no superdrive/bootcamp/parallels

keegyy

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a macbook air 2014 which have no superdrive. I don't want to spend money on parallels then superdrive then windows CD to put windows on here... Is there other options or you have to use superdrive.... Which is better? Bootcamp or Parallels? I have 128GB with 8GB of RAM... I know there is thousand of threads but I don't see anything that adds windows without superdrive...

Keegan

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I prefer Bootcamp. With Bootcamp you are dual booting, i.e. you have two OSes installed. When you are booted into one the other is completely unusable but the good news is you don't get any kind of performance hit. With Parallels you are creating a virtual machine where you are still running OS X but are also running Windows on top of it. Depending on what you want to do, this could be a nonissue but for doing things like playing computer games (the main thing I need Windows for) it doesn't work quite as well.

Be warned that having two OSes on your drive does eat up a lot of space so whether you dual boot or run Parallels, with only 128 GB of space, you will have a lot of memory eaten up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal