Windows on Mac?

Emmett95

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

If I want to install Windows on a Macbook pro OSX version 10.6.8 using bootcamp, which windows software do I need? Would Windows 7 Professional for Windows work or do I really a special version of windows for mac? Also, are there limitations to windows on mac i.e. could I run any windows software for windows in my mac if i did the installation? Thanks!

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

If I want to install Windows on a Macbook pro OSX version 10.6.8 using bootcamp, which windows software do I need? Would Windows 7 Professional for Windows work or do I really a special version of windows for mac? Also, are there limitations to windows on mac i.e. could I run any windows software for windows in my mac if i did the installation? Thanks!

There is no special version of Windows you need. You can use any one you want, they will all work using Bootcamp.

Yes, you can run any Windows software on a Mac using Bootcamp, as long as your Mac meets the Windows requirements :)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Not quite true. I'm fairly sure 10.6.8 is too old to support Win8-at least officially. But yes you should be able to use Bootcamp for any version of Windows that was out when that version of OS X was released or last updated.

I stand corrected! Thanks for catching that Karen! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2