Do You Prefer iWork Or Microsoft Office?

anon(9057135)

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I prefer Microsoft Office as it has the best layout of any Office Suite, but find myself using Google Docs more often as its cloud-based and because moving your documents into folders on Google Drive doesn't mess with Google Docs unlike Office with OneDrive

Ericclark4

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I use Pages on my iMac, I have Numbers but usually use Calc (libre Office Spreadsheet software) have MS Office on the Mac, but don't really use it.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I can’t stand Microsoft office these days. It’s interface is so “Fisher-price” and takes up so much more real estate. It makes it difficult to use since I end up having to scroll around all over the screen to get anywhere. Just my opinion. Used to love Microsoft on my computer before the new interface.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I can’t stand Microsoft office these days. It’s interface is so “Fisher-price” and takes up so much more real estate. It makes it difficult to use since I end up having to scroll around all over the screen to get anywhere. Just my opinion. Used to love Microsoft on my computer before the new interface.

You might want the interface tweaks to have the compact ribbon or tool bar.

For the rest, I use Office but will qualify it as Office 365 that has capability and scale beyond all the other choices. There are many good choices out there. Apple's free stuff works fine. Professionally I administer G Suite as well as Office 365 and Azure. G Suite works but the feature set, support and overall capabilities are no where in same league.

More and more Teams is my actual interface or start. Now through January both task types and some Outlook features are coming to that Teams single pane of glass. Good stuff for a lot of people but probably not if your name is Slack.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm in a weird place.

I personally prefer iWork, because Microsoft Office is just painfully slow on my personal computer. I'm required to use Microsoft Office and OneDrive for Education for anything related to my university.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm so used to Microsoft Office, that dealing with Apple's Work programs is a struggle. I'm sure if I gave it enough time, I'd adapt, but I find myself going back to MS. Sad, but true.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
You might want the interface tweaks to have the compact ribbon or tool bar.

For the rest, I use Office but will qualify it as Office 365 that has capability and scale beyond all the other choices. There are many good choices out there. Apple's free stuff works fine. Professionally I administer G Suite as well as Office 365 and Azure. G Suite works but the feature set, support and overall capabilities are no where in same league.

More and more Teams is my actual interface or start. Now through January both task types and some Outlook features are coming to that Teams single pane of glass. Good stuff for a lot of people but probably not if your name is Slack.

That’s cool and all. I prefer Apple’s iWorks on my iPad and Mac, because of Handoff and Continuity. I might look into putting Open Office on my Mac again. I had it on my old MacBook Pro and it worked great. With my new MacBook Pro, I am giving Apple iWorks a try. So far, so good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro