- 03-07-2014, 11:13 AM #2
- 03-07-2014, 11:30 AM #4
- 03-07-2014, 01:54 PM #6
What is the best way to run Windows stuff
Bootcamp Assistant will walk you through partitioning your drive to dual boot. It's up to you to have a valid Windows license to install on it. Bootcamp Assistant will also walk you through creating a DVD or USB key of drivers needed to have Windows work with Apple hardware. Then when you turn the MacBook on or restart it, you will have the choice of going into OSX or a native Windows environment.
- 06-28-2014, 04:29 AM #7
- 10-22-2014, 08:57 PM #8
Re: What is the best way to run Windows stuff
Yup simple, just dual boot, or find an alternative. You'd be surprised how many cool alternatives there are for certain programs. Unless the program has certain features you can't live without I'm sure you can find something. Personally I used to have Windows, and I changed to Linux, just for the sake of trying something new, and heard that slower hardware runs great on Linux. Ended up loving Linux, and runs flawlessly. I just type in, *Program Name* alternative for Linux, and I get a list, and if it does what I am looking for I download it. So far I'm not looking back. Mac is really reliable though, so dual boot, or alternatives would be my best advice.
- By Jaguarr40 in forum iPadReplies: 7Last Post: 03-22-2014, 04:11 PM
- By phlamethrowre in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 8Last Post: 03-09-2014, 04:32 AM
- By Jaguarr40 in forum OS X Mavericks (10.9)Replies: 3Last Post: 03-07-2014, 09:21 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-07-2014, 08:50 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-07-2014, 08:10 AM