Do you run Linux in a virtual Machine on your Mac?
My question is does anyone here run Linux on a Virtual Machine (VMWare / Parallels) if so which is your favorite distribution?
I personally always install the latest version of Ubuntu on my Parallels VM, just fun to poke around the OS.
- 11-27-2013, 02:18 PM #2
- 11-27-2013, 03:23 PM #3
- 12-05-2013, 10:47 AM #4
- 10-22-2014, 09:01 PM #5
Re: Do you run Linux in a virtual Machine on your Mac?
I had Windows and I scrapped it and put Cinnamon Mint Linux, on my system. Been running faster since. Then again I don't have to run a bunch of security programs in the back ground. But Mac is pretty reliable in my opinion. Unless you just want to play around with Linux, which is fun to try something new every now and then, I don't see the need for you to be on Linux. That is until your computer gets older and doesn't run smooth as when you first bought it. Linux is cool cause you can have the latest OS for free. And the terminal is fun for me.
- 11-14-2014, 01:13 AM #6
- 11-14-2014, 07:02 AM #7
- By Eileen89 in forum iPad AirReplies: 17Last Post: 01-04-2014, 09:18 AM
- By jsntrenkler in forum Pebble SmartwatchesReplies: 5Last Post: 12-05-2013, 12:44 PM
- By wamsille in forum Mac MiniReplies: 4Last Post: 12-03-2013, 08:13 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-27-2013, 02:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-27-2013, 01:40 PM