What's the first Windows Version you ever used?

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that blows my mind. We were still using diskettes when I first started college! My first laptop was a Compaq Presario that had a diskette drive and an optical drive in it.

I think I've still got the laptop around here somewhere though the motherboard died long ago. I used it well past its lifespan to maintain compatibility with old DOS games. This was before the marvel that is DOSBox existed.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, MSDOS was my first foray into Microsoft products. I got my first 386 in 1989 I think and i'm sure it came with MSDOS 4.0.

I didn't bother with Windows until version 3.0 came along and then I got given a copy by a friend's dad who worked in IT, such as it was at the time.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Windows 2.0. Also used many versions of MS-DOS and PC-DOS as well as OS/2.

Remember the tagline for OS/2? It launched with IBM's PS/2. The snarky tag line was "Half an operating system for half a computer".

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh man, the Sinclair ZX80 was a gorgeous computer. I do have my baby here...

[800XL.jpg

But he's from before my time. I don't use him to much since it's easier to just run an 8-bit emulator on my Mac but I keep him on the shelf. One of my favorite retrogaming acquisitions.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Believe it or not I was an Apple guy back then! I had an Apple II! Of course I had plenty of DOS computers too, but my first version of Windows was called Windows 286 I believe and it was a predecessor to Windows 3.0 and was made for the then popular 286 computers, it was a variation of Windows 2.0 I believe.

The_colombian

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
DOS and old Macintosh computers. Not sure what those ran because I was 7 back then. These were school computers. Most people didn't have PC's back then.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW