It seems there gonna pull support on April 8 2014

Let's see how long Vista stays supported hopefully for a while 😏

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It seems there gonna pull support on April 8 2014

Let's see how long Vista stays supported hopefully for a while 😏

I think they really want to push people into this Windows 8 nonsense. I'm holding onto my Windows 7 laptop for as long as I possibly can....

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I think they really want to push people into this Windows 8 nonsense. I'm holding onto my Windows 7 laptop for as long as I possibly can....

Win 7 is the last of the original windows interface I'm also gonna stick with my Vista laptop for as long as possible

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they're doing it *just* to push people to Windows 8. Will that be a side effect they like? Yes, but I don't think that is the reason. I mean, Apple EOL's quicker than Microsoft. XP is almost parallel to OSX Puma. Apple doesn't even support hardware back that far, let alone OSX.

I don't like Windows 8, but 8.1 update 1 is pretty good. Has an option to boot directly to the desktop, and brings back a lot of the start menu stuff. There is also StarDock's start menu replacement for $5. I'm a Linux/OSX guy mainly, but haven't had much issue with Win8 when I have to use it for games.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I agree bob

Just recently I read that most Consumer ATM's are still using XP in there units and trying to cut a deal with Microsoft to extend support beyond the above date

Computer Geek

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
In my opinion, Windows Vista is the worst and Windows XP is better than it. My old computer stIll running Windows XP even it can support Windows Vista. I was hoping that Microsoft won't pull support so fast. Microsoft support Windows 98 and 95 longer than Windows XP and I don't know why Microsft had to pull support of Windows XP so fast.....

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Windows XP is the only Windows version that was any good. The search feature comes to mind. The search feature on newer versions does not show the results as easy to use as XP. Directories look much better newer versions look. I have even thought of formatting my Windows 10 Acer to install XP but then I would need to install all the drivers to make the computer operate perfectly.

Windows XP is boss.

The first time I used Windows 7 was on a friends computer. Was fixing something on this computer. Looking for files was crazy. Kept being directed back and forth to so many confusing places I gave up.

Him is back to using Windows XP again.

thunderhead22

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I am using a Dell laptop that was built with Vista, but was reloaded with XP to avoid redoing proprietary S/W at my former employer. I bought the computer when our division was dissolved (also my job!). Never was tempted to switch back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234