hp g71-329wm hard drive replacement

Gregory60060

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't know much about computers when it comes to hardware. I found out how to get the hard drive out of my hp g71-329wm and am proud of myself for getting this far. I have been reading specs and it was a 320gb hard drive with 5400 rpms I believe. It is all over the Internet if I am actually wrong. Anyways this one broke so I really don't want to put the same hard drive back into it. I also want to increase the storage. Are there specific laptop hard drives that I am limited to put into this computer or can I just find any laptop hard drive and put into the laptop no problem?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know much about computers when it comes to hardware. I found out how to get the hard drive out of my hp g71-329wm and am proud of myself for getting this far. I have been reading specs and it was a 320gb hard drive with 5400 rpms I believe. It is all over the Internet if I am actually wrong. Anyways this one broke so I really don't want to put the same hard drive back into it. I also want to increase the storage. Are there specific laptop hard drives that I am limited to put into this computer or can I just find any laptop hard drive and put into the laptop no problem?

You should be able to use any 2.5" hard drive... there is a slight possibility that some of the larger capacity hard drives won’t fit because they are thicker... but typically it’s not an issue.

Gregory60060

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I have a picture of my old hard drive that is giving me bootable device errors. It looks pretty bad to me. I was going to go through all the trouble to get a boot disc for this computer. Even if I get a new hard drive I will need one. Is this hard drive completely shot or will a boot disc have a chance at fixing this hard drive?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711