Windows Support Software, Bootcamp

darrenlowjq

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I don't suppose anybody can help me get Windows 8 installed on a Mac through Bootcamp? I got myself a copy of the Windows 8 Pro OEM version and have managed to create the bootable USB drive.

However, I keep encountering the problem of not being able to download the Windows Support Software from Apple (ie the second checkbox in Bootcamp Assistant) and its preventing me from installing Windows 8 properly. Has anyone else encountered or know how to solve this problem? Would really appreciate some help if anybody knew how to resolve this issue, its been so frustrating. Thanks!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, I don't suppose anybody can help me get Windows 8 installed on a Mac through Bootcamp? I got myself a copy of the Windows 8 Pro OEM version and have managed to create the bootable USB drive.

However, I keep encountering the problem of not being able to download the Windows Support Software from Apple (ie the second checkbox in Bootcamp Assistant) and its preventing me from installing Windows 8 properly. Has anyone else encountered or know how to solve this problem? Would really appreciate some help if anybody knew how to resolve this issue, its been so frustrating. Thanks!

Here are a couple of links to articles about Windows 8 with BootCamp and Parallels... sounds like Apple isn't ready for it yet...

Combining Windows 8 and a Retina MacBook | TechRepublic

Parallels warns caution with Windows 8 installs | ZDNet

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711