PC crashes when waking from sleep

bugeyed

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
iOS 5.0.1 & previous ver, but not tested pre 5.0, iPhone & iPod Touch
iTunes 10.5.2.11 & previous version
Win 7
Asus i5 PC

PC goes into sleep with iPod/iPhone connected & iTunes running. Not playing music or any activity in iTunes.
Upon waking PC shows blue screen & Win 7 does a memory dump & closes, reboots & shows screen to restart Win in safe or normally. I am pretty sure that I can reproduce this at will. Now trying to learn how to use Event Viewer to isolate problem. May be something to do with Bonjour Service, as EV reports errors, but can't tell if it is at the time of the PC waking up. Any insight on this appreciated.

Thanks,
kev

bugeyed

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
So uninstall all apple related stuff and see if it happens.

It has only happened with the iPhone/iPod connected & itunes running. It never happens without the iPhone/iPod in the picture. will try with the iPhone connected but without iTunes running, although I don't think that the iPhone driver will be loaded then. Oh well, not interested in removing iTunes & having it rebuild the library, so not gonna do that.

Cheers,
kev

Edit: OK, happens with iPhone connected & iTunes not running. Apparently the iPhone driver is still loaded too. Thought maybe the device was ejected when iTunes closes, but not the case 'cause the iPhone is still in device manager. Could be the driver or something else running with the iPhone.
k

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Right click "My Computer" click on Properties. In the new window on the left click "Advanced System Settings". In the new window right at the bottom where it says "Startup and Recovery" click Settings. Then uncheck Restart under System Failure. This way the next time there is a BSOD the computer wont reboot. This will allow you to copy down the STOP xxxxxxx message and search it for your solution. Is your Windows completely up to date? there are a ton of computers that have this problem so it might be totally unrelated to the iPhone/iPod just manifests itself when it's connected.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like your computer is trying to boot from the usb drive as it has found a device there, you probably need to go in and change the boot order

KatherineYH

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Right click on Computer and go to the Device Manager. Find your Network Card, right click and go to Properties, then Power Management and uncheck "Allow this device to be turned off to save power, or when in sleep."

ErvinShoemaker

May 31, 2012
Visit site
similar thing happens to my laptop, if I close the lid and it goes to sleep in that position, it goes to the blue death once I open the lid and wake it from its sleep. It is strange. Oh, wait, it is not happening to my iMac...sorry, off topic..although, if you have a solution, please reply!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal