Windows 8

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Are you going to be running it right away? What are you lookimg forward to most? I'm dying for it to go beta because I have a Technet subscription. I will definately be running the beta and then the official release as soon as it drops. I'm most looking forward to seeing the interface and the new reload option. The one that allows you to strip away the OS leaving data and programs then doing a quick re-install. This is going to save me so much time at work, well when we switch over that is:D

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
We talked about Windows 8 this week on the Convertcast. Ya know when I first saw the youtube videos showing off Windows 8 I thought it was a joke. Bad interface on a cell phone - worse interface on a desktop. What is MSFT thinking?!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The interface I think will work great on a tablet and phone. I don't think they are dumb enough to try and put a phone OS on a computer and the leaked shots of the beta look just like Windows 7 just prettier and tweaked. So I don't think they would do a radical overhaul in such a short time. I'm still excited to get my hands on it.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I almost put a leaked version onto my computer. But like Irish I'm going to wait.

As far as the metro UI goes, i highly doubt I'll ever want/use it.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
As a power user, I think the metro layer sucks in it's current pre-beta stage. As an IT person, I think it's great for management. Only give your users the tiles they need to work. None of that silly poking around some delinquent users do. Here is your computer, here are your programs, and get to work. No playing around.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The whole thing makes me glad I've switched to Mac at home and that the school system is too cheap to update, so Windows 9 will be out before they consider updating to 8.

We'll be discussing it on Convertcast tonight. Not sure if any of us have anything good to say though.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
You didn't know? It's the school that Michelle Bachmann's husband uses to.....wait, this isn't a political forum. I am actually curious to know what it is too. I am guessing it's similar to the weekly broadcast they do on here.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You didn't know? It's the school that Michelle Bachmann's husband uses to.....wait, this isn't a political forum. I am actually curious to know what it is too. I am guessing it's similar to the weekly broadcast they do on here.

I was thinking it might be the podcast on here, however, I didn't see that name on TiPb's home page. I'm glad to hear that you don't know either, though, because now I don't feel like such a n00b for asking, lol. :D

Omnomnomkimiiee

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Metro, my main phone's running pre-release Mango, but I don't see it being used on anything other than Phones and Tablets. It's great because of it's easy-in/easy-out functionality, but it would definitely be too minimalistic for a computer.

Sent from my magical mobile device.

ivanz

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm running it in a VMware. It looks nice but I'm not a big fan of Metro. I don't think it looks as polished as apple interfaces. BTW, I'm a windows user.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the dev preview too and I'm a huge Microsoftian, IT SUCKS!!!! There are things I love like the shutter acreen befor login, the network graph you get when transferring files so you see the transfer speed. The things I hate is the fact that the old desktop remains but the Start button no longer functions like it used to. So it is going to be so confusing to users. In order to get to the Registry Editor, calc, network locations I have to open My Computer and use that to get there. I haven't had time to really play around with my machine to try and sort everything out. I am looking forward to trying Blue Poison to see what hidden things it will give me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711