Anyone switch from a Mac?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've always wondered, you hear stories all the time about people switching to Mac. There has to be people out there who switched from a Mac. If you did why did you finally switch?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL neither do I, which is why I've always wondered. They are like rainbows, they're out there but it's almost impossible to find them.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there are many people who have that just don't post about it on forums...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

ivanz

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have two mac pros at work but I use them with bootcamp and windows 7. I make 3D animation and it feels faster using windows. They were already there but I like to work with windows better.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I use both, about equally as much.
My macbook pro stays in bed with me for easy access and just browsing the internet. I do sometimes take it into the office to make movies with final cut, but thats as far as it goes.
My built PC is pretty much my gaming rig. It also has microsoft word and all that on it.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My answers might not be fair or normal but sometimes I make that change and use a few platforms personally.

There are places where Macs just end up with one or a combination of cost too much or don't have good enough support. Adding Windows and VMware licensing as examples, AppleCare good but not having the on-site support I have with my first tier Dell and HP systems etc....

All that said, I use my MacBook Air 13 with i7 more than I expected.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
WOW all over the internet you see stories all the time of people who used Windows forever and then suddenly used a Mac and were hooked. I thought there must be some people out there that do the opposite but I guess if there are they aren't on this forum LOL

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I went to Mac in 2007 as I worked with Windows PC all day and thought a change of system for personal use would separate my work and personal life and I was right, really makes a difference.

Now I've been using it for a few years I've started noticing flaws and gaps for things I want to do. This isn't because of an Apple limitation at all, but availability of software.
Although I'll never ever get rid of my Mac because it works amazingly with my iPhone/iPad etc, I'd also never buy a new one, I'd rather buy a Windows 7 PC.

Please note when replying; I'm a Network engineer in a Windows environment, hence all the software requirements.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually have a friend who did this switch back to Windows after having a macbook all through college. I think it probably happens quite a bit but you don't hear about it as much as the Windows > Mac switch situation.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Does Apple II Plus to Microsoft DOS count??? lol

In all seriousness though, I just recently bought an iMac just two months ago, and I use it at home almost exclusively now. I still use my PC's, but not nearly as much, unless I need Windows for a certain piece of software, or to play a game that isn't available for Mac.

The biggest reason for the switch was Photoshop, After Effects and Premier Pro. I'm still amazed at how much better they work on a Mac compared to my PC.

Still, I can't say that one platform is overall superior to the other. Probably 98% of what I want to do with a computer can be done on a Mac when it comes down to hardware. But when you factor in software, there are definitely some software gaps on the Mac, as least for me. There are definitely reasons that I'll never stop using PC's until those gaps are filled.

I do, however, LOVE my 27" iMac though! :D

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually have a friend who did this switch back to Windows after having a macbook all through college. I think it probably happens quite a bit but you don't hear about it as much as the Windows > Mac switch situation.

You don't hear about it because it doesn't happen. If it happens it's on the internet :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2