whatsapp - updating simcard
im keping my phone just changing to a different sim card. I will be transferring my current number to the new sim card however while this is transferred i have to use the new sim with the new number.
what do i need to do to keep my whatsapp message history while i transfer my number to the new sim card?
if i dont log into whatsapp while im using the phone with the 'new' umber while i wait for my old number to transfer to the new sim, would this keep everything as is?
- 10-22-2015, 11:37 AM #2iMore Pro
- 570 Posts
Re: whatsapp - updating simcard
When you change simcards (and numbers) whatsapp gives you the option to keep your account as it is with the same number, its an inherent feature. When switch cards, it will tell you that it detected a new number and ask you if you want to use whatsapp with the new number. Since you are gonna get your old number to the new card, just decline that option. Everything will be as it is.
Your contacts will be able to reach you to your old number, even if you are using a different one (and a different sim).
- By kch50428 in forum Apple TVReplies: 6Last Post: 10-28-2015, 01:47 AM
- By dchandler in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 10-23-2015, 05:13 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-22-2015, 09:40 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple TVReplies: 1Last Post: 10-22-2015, 08:16 AM
- By prisamichael in forum T-MobileReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2015, 07:46 AM