Photo saving question!

Sam Thornton

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so I found photos of someone else on my boyfriends phone in his deleted folder, he said that he reinstalled whatsapp after getting a new phone and that when he went on it it asked to have access to his photos, now he says these photos were sent over a year ago and when he clicked on the conversation these photos which were sent over a year ago automatically saved to his phone, he doesn't have a back up though. Is this possible or is he lying?

Sam Thornton

May 23, 2015
Visit site
So it could possibly happened, photos he had sent to him year or two ago can magically resave into his camera roll after updating his phone?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So it could possibly happened, photos he had sent to him year or two ago can magically resave into his camera roll after updating his phone?

I think so. If he had not used Whatsapp for a long time. Were there a bunch of other pics in the deleted album? I'm just saying it's possible.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

WhatsApp does not copy nor store the messages sent through its messaging system. Nevertheless, if the recipient is not connected, undelivered messages will be kept in WhatsApp servers and may be stored in those servers for up to 30 days. After this period of time, messages are deleted; and from that moment on messages will only be stored in the emitter?s and the recipient?s devices. Nevertheless, WhatsApp may store the date and time of delivered messages, as well as the mobile phone numbers of the devices involved.

4. WhatsApp states that files that are sent using its messaging service are kept in their servers after delivery during a so-called ?short period of time?. After this time they are finally eliminated according to their ?general retention policies?.

Source: http://kidsandteensonline.com/2013/10/10/where-do-pictures-and-files-we-send-using-whatsapp-end-up/

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The pics may have been stored on the app for a long time. The auto download may have been turned on accidentally a week ago. Then boom when he launched it. Until you have hard conclusive evidence, there's got to be a show of trust.

IanRip

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar problem, where whats app was saving photo’s directly to my camera roll. You don’t have to download them, if the setting is enabled its saves them as soon as they load up on the screen.

I’ve disabled this feature, as some of my friends send some terrible photo’s some days, and they don’t look good whilst browsing on my sofa with my ipad the next day

Regarding the this thread, if you have no trust then you’ll believe everything is a lie, so you’re either in or out, don’t dilly dally and Man up !!