- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
Whatsapp has crashed and now seems resetted
I own an Iphone 5s not upgraded to the latest ios version. Two days ago happened what I told you and the app asked me to set the number and restore the chat from an icloud backup.. The good thing is that the chat data, photos ,videos ,etc., are still on my device and on my backup (i did it yesterday both on itunes and icloud) so it's impossible to lose them.. I ask you if upgrading whatsapp to the latest version could be a valid solution to make it work normally before trying to restore the iphone from a backup. I also ask if an upgrade of whatsapp would make impossible a restore from a backup i did two months ago (with the previous version of whatsapp).
- 05-05-2015, 10:12 AM #2iMore Genius
- 3,636 Posts
Re: Whatsapp has crashed and now seems resetted
While I cannot make any promises, upgrading to a never version of the application "should" not cause any issues with restoring. Also, it's always good practice to run the latest variant of an app--unless you have a specific reason not to.
- 05-17-2015, 03:39 PM #4
- By dianahk in forum Apple WatchReplies: 6Last Post: 05-12-2015, 11:03 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-05-2015, 05:07 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-05-2015, 09:53 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 05-05-2015, 08:38 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-05-2015, 08:12 AM