Whatsapp has crashed and now seems resetted, what should I do?

casta23

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Whatsapp has crashed and now seems resetted

Hi!
I own an Iphone 5s not upgraded to the latest ios version. Two days ago happened what I told you and the app asked me to set the number and restore the chat from an icloud backup.. The good thing is that the chat data, photos ,videos ,etc., are still on my device and on my backup (i did it yesterday both on itunes and icloud) so it's impossible to lose them.. I ask you if upgrading whatsapp to the latest version could be a valid solution to make it work normally before trying to restore the iphone from a backup. I also ask if an upgrade of whatsapp would make impossible a restore from a backup i did two months ago (with the previous version of whatsapp).
Thank you!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp has crashed and now seems resetted

While I cannot make any promises, upgrading to a never version of the application "should" not cause any issues with restoring. Also, it's always good practice to run the latest variant of an app--unless you have a specific reason not to.

casta23

May 5, 2015
Visit site

What if I try to restore from the itunes backup I did yesterday ? Is the whatsapp version on this backup "corrupted" or damaged ? Could this kind of restore be a good solution ?

heyitsmaya

May 11, 2015
Visit site

If you feel the whatsapp upgrade is corrupted, delete it from your phone and reinstall it. That should work, but like the person said before me, upgrades don't necessarily mean bug-free.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR