WatchOS 3.2.2 Beta 3 available to Developers now

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Installed and working great.... Love the theater mode at night when I am tracking sleep. My watch doesn't light up anymore overnight :)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Never thought of using theater mode at night, might be worth looking into, even if I have to charge my watch multiple times a day to use it at night.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Never thought of using theater mode at night, might be worth looking into, even if I have to charge my watch multiple times a day to use it at night.

I just started using my second watch to keep a charged watch on all the time. I wear my S2 all day, then at night when I get home from work I swap to the S0 watch for a few hours while the S2 charges. Then before bed I switch back to my S2 and I am good until the next night.

Before I did that, I would just charge the watch while I showered in the morning and while driving home from work. I never had an issue with the battery.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

It is a nice feature should you want to use your watch as a sleep tracker. For me with the S1 keeping it charged only requires a couple of times per day on the charger, usually just after I wake up and have some coffee and then again in the evening for a bit and I'm good to go. Really liking 3.2 so far.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
WatchOS 3.2 beta 1 is working well on my 1st generation Apple Watch. Everything is stable to this point and I expect it to remain that way...

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I seldom wear a watch while sleeping, anymore. Every single time I've forgotten to take it off, it's awakened me when it wakes up. I don't move around much so not much sleep is lost but it's still annoying. Theater mode for sleeping is a great idea though.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
metllicamilitia said:
even if I have to charge my watch multiple times a day to use it at night.

If you only charge it once a day now, I bet with Theater mode activated you'd only have to charge it once more during the day if that. I'd bet the Watch waking up at night would be the single biggest use of juice for most of us.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
If you only charge it once a day now, I bet with Theater mode activated you'd only have to charge it once more during the day if that. I'd bet the Watch waking up at night would be the single biggest use of juice for most of us.

If I go to bed with the watch (series 2) at 100%, when I wake up (usually 7 hours or so later) the watch has never been lower than 93%.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I thought this as well however theater mode only saved 1% on my S2 at night. For raise to wake to happen you need to really be raising your wrist. The occasional wake up over night is not happening a lot.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Installed and testing as we speak... So far only thing I notice is the placement of the theater mode icon in control center is in a different place.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
If I go to bed with the watch (series 2) at 100%, when I wake up (usually 7 hours or so later) the watch has never been lower than 93%.

I've never put numbers to it, but I too haven't seen an impact on overnight battery life. But I no longer wear my Watch while I sleep.

For raise to wake to happen you need to really be raising your wrist.

This is not my experience at all. Certain gross transitions might not wake the Watch and some very minor movements can.

While the Watch is in a vertical position, raising or lowering it, or rotating it to horizontal won't wake it. But rotating it from horizontal to vertical will. I've found that rotating it as little as 30-35º from horizontal can wake it pretty reliably. That's with my arm resting on a table.

But overall it's good to know that RTW hasn't dinged anybody's battery life.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thus far, the latest beta is working flawlessly with my Watch. I'm quite pleased with it.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yep, It has been solid. I love theater mode. I use it every night since I wear my Watch to bed to track sleep. Now my screen doesn't wake up when I move around ??????

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234