Facebook messenger still crashing

JustinVV

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Messenger update this morning. Hoping it would fix the crashing, but it hasn't.

Anyone worked out what could be causing the crash? Other apps, settings, carrier??

JustinVV

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes, done all the impairing, deleting etc. Apple support can't fix it either.

I would like to use it, it's unusable.

Hoping they fix the Maps grid issue, find my friends issue, and the random OS crashes on phone answer, with the next release.

It's like Windows ME all over again. :).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, done all the impairing, deleting etc. Apple support can't fix it either.

I would like to use it, it's unusable.

Hoping they fix the Maps grid issue, find my friends issue, and the random OS crashes on phone answer, with the next release.

It's like Windows ME all over again. :).

Have you tried restoring as new? Not from a back up. If it's software related, that should do it. Restore as new with iTunes on computer. If that doesn't work, you may have a hardware issue.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Don't waste your time unpairing, restoring, etc. That won't solve your problem, at least not permanently.

I stopped using Facebook Messenger a long time ago as the app would stop working for long periods of time on a regular basis. It would work again after one update and stop working after the next.

Facebook Messenger is complete garbage and one of the reasons why I have sworn off 3rd party apps on my Watch completely.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't waste your time unpairing, restoring, etc. That won't solve your problem, at least not permanently.

I stopped using Facebook Messenger a long time ago as the app would stop working for long periods of time on a regular basis. It would work again after one update and stop working after the next.

Facebook Messenger is complete garbage and one of the reasons why I have sworn off 3rd party apps on my Watch completely.

Mine works quite well. Has for over 5 years. No problems.

JustinVV

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Im installing the latest update now to see if they have fixed the many many bugs, Facebook messenger being one, maps another, phone answering crash another..

VlogSalad

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Messenger update this morning. Hoping it would fix the crashing, but it hasn't.

Anyone worked out what could be causing the crash? Other apps, settings, carrier??

Want to say, I have FOUND the solution.

I too have suffered with this.

I have honestly messaged so many different Facebook pages ran by Facebook developers etc. effectively annoy them till they respond lol.

I did have responses. None helpful. At ALL.
Officially reported the problem many times.

Got to the point I was on the phone with Apple Support Agents etc. They were baffled and I had actually began saying I want to formally complaint that an app is breaking the rules.. e.g. By crashing on launch.

Anyway.. long story short..
I've found the answer.
You need to close the app then open it again.

Long press on the side button till it says turn off. THEN long press the Digital Crown.

Open the app again.

Thank you very much 😉

God Bless

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen