Apple watch car mode?

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
If you're driving with your phone in a clamp. The notifications go to your watch, as usual.
It would be nice if the phone is connected to the car (like the parking feature uses) that notifications show up on your phone instead of the watch.

Anyone else has the same experience? It's not very logical to get watch notifications when your driving because it distracts you even more.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't use your phone or your Apple Watch when driving!!

Now that's out of the way... I completely agree, it makes more sense to have it go to the phone, especially if it has CarPlay

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't really 'use' my phone. It's connected to the car so that deals with calls, and I can use siri to send a message when I have to,

Although it can also be annoying/distracting to get messages on your phone. But then you also have do not disturb ;)

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
If you're driving with your phone in a clamp. The notifications go to your watch, as usual.
It would be nice if the phone is connected to the car (like the parking feature uses) that notifications show up on your phone instead of the watch.

Anyone else has the same experience? It's not very logical to get watch notifications when your driving because it distracts you even more.

Change messages in the Apple watch app not to mirror iPhone, but to custom. It will or should do both, watch and phone.
357f1f070a7bf78c23ffa429c6eddc4a.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you're driving, just put your Watch in flight mode.
It's easier done than changing notifications Settings all the time.
Just make sure you have not enabled Flightmode mirroring on your Watch, or your iPhone will also be put in Flightmode.

Another option is to enable Do Not Disturb on the Watch, with mirroring disabled for it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711