How do I download the latest WatchOS version?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Watch OS 2.1

This may sound silly but you're checking for the update using the Watch app to check for the update, right?

Gator5000e

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

If I had a choice, I would stay with Watch OS 2.1. I truly don't like OS 3 at all. My original series watch runs more slowly, apps don't refresh and often times don't even connect even when I open the app on the iPhone. I hate the new dock set up. It's much clunkier than the glances in 2.1. If I could, I would go back to 2.1 in a second.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

If I had a choice, I would stay with Watch OS 2.1. I truly don't like OS 3 at all. My original series watch runs more slowly, apps don't refresh and often times don't even connect even when I open the app on the iPhone. I hate the new dock set up. It's much clunkier than the glances in 2.1. If I could, I would go back to 2.1 in a second.

I don't think your original series watch has the processing power necessary for os3. I sold my original and upgraded to Series 1 and Watchos3 is miles and miles ahead of any of the os2 versions. all in all it's made the Apple watch a much nicer experience, especially with the new dock.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
So, on my phone I'm getting the error that checking the update is not possible because it thinks it's not connected to the internet. But wiif is on and working...

Are the servers overloaded maybe?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I don't think your original series watch has the processing power necessary for os3.

I've got AWs and one AWS2 and the difference in performance of basic functions is much smaller than I'd expect. The AWs handle wOS3 just fine.

So, on my phone I'm getting the error that checking the update is not possible because it thinks it's not connected to the internet. But wiif is on and working...

Are the servers overloaded maybe?

My WiFi throughput isn't great, and I've I'm downloading something, it's abysmal. I got the same 'not connected' error and it could be because of my bad throughput. I cancelled the download and all was good.

Apple has since pulled the 3.1.1 Update, so if you didn't get it already, it may be a day or few.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Luckily it didn't go through since they pulled it back again.
Maybe that was the cause of the error, maybe not. We'll see when the update is available again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox