WatchOS 3 is doubling timer notification

pzikmanis

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Since updating to WatchOS 3 I set a timer on Watch and get the normal ringing alert at the end of the timer. I dismiss it. Then I get this notification from "alarms" "COUNT_DOWN_TIME_REACHED". I use the timer a lot! I don't like getting two notifications for each timer! Any help? BTW if I seta timer on the iPhone, I still just get the one ringing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've not experienced any of that thus far. Try resetting your Watch and then pairing it again with your iPhone.

pzikmanis

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for that advice. I thought of that initially, but I think it's pretty drastic as the first thing to try. I think if I can't figure it out in a couple days, that's what I may have to do.

pzikmanis

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Interesting. I just force quit the watch and restarted. Same thing happened but instead of the ringing alarm coming with a "Dismiss" button, it came with a "stop" button. Hmmm.

pzikmanis

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm kinda glad it's not just me! Have you tried anything to fix it? I may try resetting and re-pairing as suggested above in a few days. That's when I get my new series 2 watch.