Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Garz
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

60 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default watchOS Developer Beta

I know that there is a lot already written about how the Beta for watchOS is really meant for developers, but what is the general reaction to it so far? Is it stable? Is it really that dangerous to install it if you're not a developer?

Default Re: watchOS Developer Beta

So far it has been even more stable than iOS 10. And iOS 10 has been extremely stable. One of the best beta's ever introduced. I have also been running the developer beta on my watch since day one. Not a single glitch and some really nice face customization being added to watch 3. Some new features in Messages as well.

There is a real risk in running it though. This is not to scare you away from it, as I am running it without any issues. Should you be one of the unfortunates that has problems with it, the only way to go back to the previous OS is by sending your watch into Apple to have it brought back.

I was reluctant, since you can't roll back without sending it back to Apple, but I'm glad I took the plunge. It's a nice update!
    Retired Moderator

5,542 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,470 Global Posts

Watch OS 3 beta 3 is stable for the most part. Just a couple of minor glitches. The danger is if you install it and then want to downgrade your phone back to 9.3.3, your watch is now useless. You can't downgrade your watch OS without mailing it in to apple and paying a fee.
    robertk328 likes this.