I just received my Apple Watch from eBay (which I don't think I'll ever do again, but that's another story) and pairing went fine, but I can't set it up because it's still under the previous owner's Apple ID.

I've found info online and sent it to the previous owner and he says he unlinked it, but I'm still getting the message in the attached screenshot. Is there any way I can remove it from his account?? I imagine not as that wouldn't be very secure, but maybe he could call some kind of Support and they could do it?

Used Apple Watch - Not Disconnected from Previous Apple ID-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1468859415.291282.jpg
    07-18-2016 11:31 AM
    No you cannot. It is still protected via the iCloud Activation Lock, and only the person to whom the account is associated can unlock it. Perhaps it's not the person who sold it to you. If possible, try to return it and get your money back if the Watch isn't unlocked for you ASAP.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    07-18-2016 08:37 PM
    No you cannot. It is still protected via the iCloud Activation Lock, and only the person to whom the account is associated can unlock it. Perhaps it's not the person who sold it to you. If possible, try to return it and get your money back if the Watch isn't unlocked for you ASAP.
    Thanks for the response. The guy finally figured it out and all's well now. I was getting very nervous. Not sure I'll do it this way again.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-19-2016 01:26 AM