Help with transferring downloaded ringtone to Iphone 4

pg2tall

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I think I did everything right but I just cant figure it out.

The file I downloaded is a short snippet of the FOX NFL tone in .m4r format.

With the file on my desktop I have tried 2 things and neither work.

1. With my iPhone hooked up I drag the file to my Tones folder in iTunes only to get the red stop symbol.

2. I go into the iPhone through Windows Explorer and try to put it in there but it does the same thing.

Note: I am on my work computer which I typically do not use for my iPhone, could it be that the this is not the primary computer and I need to do this on my home pc?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You will need to use the sync method. See the screenshots that are attached to this reply. Of course, they are for multiple ringtones, but will work for a single ringtone all the same. Just apply it to YOUR situation.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ironic, isn't it? You don't need a computer for anything related to the iOS devices except (possibly) updating the iOS to subsequent major releases (so far, "point" releases have been available as OTA updates) and adding homegrown ringtones. I expect both to change soon... but for now... *sigh*

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ironic, isn't it? You don't need a computer for anything related to the iOS devices except (possibly) updating the iOS to subsequent major releases (so far, "point" releases have been available as OTA updates) and adding homegrown ringtones. I expect both to change soon... but for now... *sigh*

I agree, my friend...;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal