Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.Mcgoo
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Ringtones for iPhone 4s

Hi,
    I want to download different types of ringtones for my iPhone 4s. Anyone know how can i get high quality ringtones? Any website recommendation....
    Thanks
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Just make your own from your iTunes Library...
    Fausty82 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,960 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgoo33 View Post
    Just make your own from your iTunes Library...
    Bingo...doesn't get much easier than that.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    eyemakerz likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

I just learned a really easy way to make my own. DL iRinger. Then to make a ringtone from a YouTube video you copy the url, open the site zamzar.com, paste the url, select what you want to convert it to (mp3), it e-mails you a link, you DL the mp3, open that in iRinger, and edit it in iRinger. Then iRinger saves it to iTunes and you drag it to your phone.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Bingo...doesn't get much easier than that.
    Actually it does. On Android you can simply download Zedge and have access to ringtones directly on your phone with no need to sync. Alas we are speaking of iPhone. Luckily you can go to Zedge.net from either your iPhone or Desktop/Laptop and browse close to 700,000 ringtones send them to yourself via email and sync them using iTunes all for free.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by rjtoole View Post
    Actually it does. On Android you can simply download Zedge and have access to ringtones directly on your phone with no need to sync. Alas we are speaking of iPhone. Luckily you can go to Zedge.net from either your iPhone or Desktop/Laptop and browse close to 700,000 ringtones send them to yourself via email and sync them using iTunes all for free.
    How can i have access to ringtones directly on my iPhone?
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by eyemakerz View Post
    How can i have access to ringtones directly on my iPhone?
    Itunes app on your iPhone.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

If you look in the Ringtone and Wallpaper forum, where this thread is now located, you will find sticky threads, and dozens of threads with recommendations for apps to create ringtones as well as how to load them onto your iPhone.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I use RMaker. You clip songs that already on your phone to make into ringtones. easy enough.
    iMore Intermediate

Well, except use the iTunes to make your own free ringtones, you also can use other apps to make free ringtones for iPhone: Make iPhone Ringtones on Mac for free
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,793 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

PhoneZoo works for me. It sends them directly into iTunes. One stop shopping!
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    PhoneZoo works for me. It sends them directly into iTunes. One stop shopping!
    What is phone zoo? please tell me.....
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I went to phonezoo and they sent the ringtone through the pic/text message...and it plays...but I can't figure out how to save it to my phone. Can anybody help me figure it out? BTW...I've had my 4s for 3 days...I'm still learning everything. Thanks to anyone who can help.

PS...I searched the forum for an answer before I posted this question.. ..so please know I'm not wanting to waste anyone's time.

Thanks.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Ginbill View Post
    I use RMaker. You clip songs that already on your phone to make into ringtones. easy enough.
    This is what I use...works for me

Global Posts
    4,036 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS8.1b2

You need to install ringtones through iTunes.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Okay, I used the Ringtones sticky thread to get a bunch of ringtones others made (thank you SO much), followed their instructions saying to open with itunes and then drag them to the ringtones on my phone - I did, but they didn't go, got a message saying the ringtones couldn't be found. Any advice?

PS: They're in the Ringtones tab of my iTunes.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas513 View Post
    I went to phonezoo and they sent the ringtone through the pic/text message...and it plays...but I can't figure out how to save it to my phone. Can anybody help me figure it out? BTW...I've had my 4s for 3 days...I'm still learning everything. Thanks to anyone who can help.

PS...I searched the forum for an answer before I posted this question.. ..so please know I'm not wanting to waste anyone's time.

Thanks.
    Find the big ringtone thread for instructions. You have to install iPhone ringtones through iTunes. You can't save them any other way.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy2730 View Post
    Okay, I used the Ringtones sticky thread to get a bunch of ringtones others made (thank you SO much), followed their instructions saying to open with itunes and then drag them to the ringtones on my phone - I did, but they didn't go, got a message saying the ringtones couldn't be found. Any advice?

PS: They're in the Ringtones tab of my iTunes.
    Make sure you have a check next to Sync ringtones. If you do, and they're not syncing, try syncing selected ringtones. There seems to still be a slight glitch in the newest version of iTunes.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Thank you! I'll try again.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

I use Audacity to make <=40-sec clips from song files, add the clips to iTunes, convert them to .m4a files, rename the extension to .m4r and drag the .m4r files to iTunes. Voila, homemade ringtones.